arayray

arayray's 96 Cobra Build

Does anyone know where to get a metal radiator support cover for a 96-98? I've asked on SVTP and Facebook but know one knows where to get one...

Looking to get one similar to this:

http://media-cache-ec0.pinimg.com/736x/9e/0f/96/9e0f960d5aed51aad305e465d03425e2.jpg

@95riosnake do you know anyone that makes sells these?

I love how those radiator setups look on the 4v's!

Does anyone know where to get a metal radiator support cover for a 96-98? I've asked on SVTP and Facebook but know one knows where to get one...

Looking to get one similar to this:
http://media-cache-ec0.pinimg.com/736x/9e/0f/96/9e0f960d5aed51aad305e465d03425e2.jpg

@95riosnake do you know anyone that makes sells these?

I've never seen one for a 94-98. UPR used to/possibly still does make a stainless radiator cover that could possibly be masked and painted in that style though. Last I remember, the UPR piece was back ordered.

In the end, nobody makes anything cool/new for 94-98 anymore.

I love how those radiator setups look on the 4v's!

I've never seen one for a 94-98. UPR used to/possibly still does make a stainless radiator cover that could possibly be masked and painted in that style though. Last I remember, the UPR piece was back ordered.

In the end, nobody makes anything cool/new for 94-98 anymore.

I checked in with UPR a few months ago and was told that they unfortunately no longer produce their radiator cover, and at present time had no intentions to do so in the future.  I don't know if that's changed since then, though *shrugs*

I've got one of the On3 crossover delete kits on my car, OP.  It's a nice part.  Car runs nice and cool with it and it really helped with the packaging of my top cooling hoses around my turbo kit.  It was definitely worth the money.  You'll like it.

I checked in with UPR a few months ago and was told that they unfortunately no longer produce their radiator cover, and at present time had no intentions to do so in the future.  I don't know if that's changed since then, though *shrugs*

Not surprising, if it's not a terminator, coyote or GT500, the aftermarket doesn't care.

• Moderators

If you ask nicely, @95opal might give you some tips to making your own.

I've got one of the On3 crossover delete kits on my car, OP. It's a nice part. Car runs nice and cool with it and it really helped with the packaging of my top cooling hoses around my turbo kit. It was definitely worth the money. You'll like it.

Thanks for the reply, did you need to drill holes in your thermostat? Did you run into any problems when you installed it?

Thanks for the reply, did you need to drill holes in your thermostat? Did you run into any problems when you installed it?

I didn't drill any holes in mine.  Should I have?  I don't know... maybe it would warm up a little faster but it never takes a long time.  Honestly, with the big radiator I've got in it, no A/C and this thermostat kit, the car barely makes it to 180* on a hot day usually.

Like this? :drool:

Theopalcover_zps83f9b92e.jpg

That thing is awesome.  I would pay decent money for one of those.

Like this? :drool:Theopalcover_zps83f9b92e.jpg

I was just looking through his build thread and seen that! Really nice and well made. I think I'm gonna see if me and my dad can make one? Shouldn't be too hard or cost much.

I didn't drill any holes in mine.  Should I have?  I don't know... maybe it would warm up a little faster but it never takes a long time.  Honestly, with the big radiator I've got in it, no A/C and this thermostat kit, the car barely makes it to 180* on a hot day usually.

I read in the thread on Corral that it would help get up to operating temperature faster but I have stock rad and everything. Not really sure if it was replaced for the cooling TSB so I want to be careful.

These guys even have 99-04 listed, but not 94-98. :(

http://undercoverinnovations.com/

I contacted them but they said they tried to make it for 94-98 but it 'wouldn't fit'... how would it not fit? Its the same exact setup except the hood latch... Anyways I got my MMR Valve Cover Inserts today and started putting them in, I thought putting the valve covers on the first time was fun... It's even more fun with the motor sitting in the car  :angry:  :angry: I also made a template for a rad support cover and I'm gonna have a friend bend me some metal for it. This morning I also put my Instagram decals on over a piece of vinyl so I can remove them whenever I want  :D

IMG_20140805_170917_zps7kg2ldfi.jpg

IMG_20140805_141354_zpshbccrtjs.jpg

IMG_20140805_083046_zpslfs5jxmg.jpg

that engine bay is gonna look tits once its all cleaned up!!!

Thanks man! It sure will once I get the Crossover Delete & Metal Rad Cover  ;)

Last night I got the passenger side valve cover bolts out and swapped in the MMR Inserts, it took me that whole side to get it down and today the drivers side took me maybe 15 minutes with even less space! I noticed when I pulled my COP Covers off that then letters I hand painted were rubbing off so I had my dad clear coat them tonight so the lettering with hold up now. Tomorrow I am putting it together and while my sister is in town, I'm gonna have her take some pictures of my car.

IMG_20140806_153125_zpsixaok1yz.jpg

IMG_20140806_152108_zpsb1mgbjkm.jpg

Thanks a lot man! I had asked my sister to take some professional pictures of my car, so today I took her to some nice places to get some pictures with some nice scenery :D

My favorite place was this old abandoned factory/warehouse that we stumbled upon! I will post pictures soon!

How do you paint them? I have the ford racin g ones and would rather them be black and red them chrome red and blue..

I had mine powdercoated gloss black and them they took a DA sander and sanded off the powdercoat on the letters. I hand painted the letters but it started to wear off so when I took them back off, I had my dad clear coat them.

Today my dad painted my Folding Mirrors and Door Panel Cups, can't wait to install them :) When I install my mirrors, I am wiring in 'One Touch Up' Modules for both windows since I already have 'One Touch Down' for both windows! Can't wait :)

IMG_20140809_153127_zps0ukcnsye.jpg

IMG_20140809_153133_zpsx1nhpdm7.jpg

Car's looking great. And the place with the stacks looks quite familiar. :) Some of the guys I stay with at MW live in Greensburg... or Lake Trobe... or whatever. I went to a special Cars and Coffee event with them that was held on the street behind those stacks. They closed the street down for the day then we drove by the football and baseball stadiums to take pictures and we found all the high end cars parked along the street.  You should definitely check out Pittsburgh Cars and Coffee if you haven't already. They have a Facebook page as well.

http://www.pghcnc.com/forum/

This was the first event I went to which was an end of the year cookout in 2012, I believe. Yeah um, the guy grilled filet mignon and shrimp, had a party sized tent and a four person band. Classiest, coolest car event EVER!!!

http://s255.photobucket.com/user/PrivatePerry/library/Cars%20and%20Coffee%20Cookout%20Pittsburgh?sort=3&page=1

Hopefully this link works. This is the show by the stacks:

https://www.facebook.com/sean.kivler/media_set?set=a.10151495606563576.1073741833.599838575&type=3

And if you're going to MW next year you should drive down with us. My friend come over to Harrisburg from Pittsburgh then we all drive down together on the long grueling trip, lol. We left my house around 2am Saturday morning and I'm sure we'll do the same next year.

Car's looking great. And the place with the stacks looks quite familiar. :) Some of the guys I stay with at MW live in Greensburg... or Lake Trobe... or whatever. I went to a special Cars and Coffee event with them that was held on the street behind those stacks. They closed the street down for the day then we drove by the football and baseball stadiums to take pictures and we found all the high end cars parked along the street.  You should definitely check out Pittsburgh Cars and Coffee if you haven't already. They have a Facebook page as well.

http://www.pghcnc.com/forum/

This was the first event I went to which was an end of the year cookout in 2012, I believe. Yeah um, the guy grilled filet mignon and shrimp, had a party sized tent and a four person band. Classiest, coolest car event EVER!!!

http://s255.photobucket.com/user/PrivatePerry/library/Cars%20and%20Coffee%20Cookout%20Pittsburgh?sort=3&page=1

Hopefully this link works. This is the show by the stacks:

https://www.facebook.com/sean.kivler/media_set?set=a.10151495606563576.1073741833.599838575&type=3

And if you're going to MW next year you should drive down with us. My friend come over to Harrisburg from Pittsburgh then we all drive down together on the long grueling trip, lol. We left my house around 2am Saturday morning and I'm sure we'll do the same next year.

That's awesome!! I have seen PGH CNC before, alot of sweet cars  :D I don't live too far from Greensburg, I am out that way all the time!

I really want to get some pictures of the stacks like the one below but we could not figure out where the heck that road was hahah  <_<

1.jpg

@WildWillyWalker Almost all of those pics we're taken at the Waterfront (Where the stacks are).  Here is a zoomed out pic:

20140807-DSC_0120_zpsca2348da.jpg

Got my mirrors and door cups sanded and buffed today :) They came out great, hopefully tomorrow I can get them installed along with my 'One Touch Up' modules! 

Crappy pics but shiny!

IMG_20140811_165005_zpsyx47ibzw.jpg

Coming along nicely... why no trim mirrors to fit

Coming along nicely... why no trim mirrors to fit

I decided that you won't notice the overlap when its on my car and it wasn't worth hacking into them..

Great work! Guess I better start keeping my eyes peeled for this out on the streets!

I'm sure you will! I really wanted to go to AM this year but I will be out of town. I'm planning on going to the Victory Church Cruise in Wexford on Aug 31 though! Some people from Steel City Stang's are heading up also.

Car keeps getting better with every post! Love it!

Thanks a lot man! Slowly but surely I'm getting there! Next up is engine bay clean up (coolant crossover delete, rad cover) and then some wheel spacers!

So today I got my mirrors installed, swapped new outer weather strip and painted them trim black to freshen them up, got my drives side 'One Touch Up' module wired in and installed my drivers door cup insert! One Touch Up & Down windows are the best, such a simple but great mod!  :) Tomorrow I am going to install the passanger side 'One Touch Up' module and put the door back together. Onto the pics: 

IMG_20140812_174553_zpsmozvt5d0.jpg

IMG_20140812_174431_zps6clnhoez.jpg

Painted door cup inserts

IMG_20140812_185403_zpsaqj1d7ju.jpg

IMG_20140812_185413_zpsdvckjbcb.jpg

Fresh painted outer weather strips

IMG_20140812_191213_zpsrzz9jvvl.jpg

IMG_20140812_191713_zps2isyr07z.jpg

I need to install my Bullitt Pedals and get a set of spacers for the rear  :blink:

how did you paint your weather stripping?

I just used a red scotch-brite and scratched them up a bit. I'm not sure how long it would last on there but since I won't be driving it much, it really won't matter.

I just used a red scotch-brite and scratched them up a bit. I'm not sure how long it would last on there but since I won't be driving it much, it really won't matter.

ah gotcha.  id have to guess with the temperature changes that itll start cracking pretty soon if it was driven a lot.  unless it was sprayed with something that has a lot of flex additive in it!

ah gotcha.  id have to guess with the temperature changes that itll start cracking pretty soon if it was driven a lot.  unless it was sprayed with something that has a lot of flex additive in it!

I'm not sure.. I think if anything, it would just fade some sun light. Stock they are already a kind of trim black, oh well. We will see!

Also, today I finished up the wiring for passanger 'One Touch Up' module and put the door all back together. Both windows have 'One Touch Up & Down' now  :D I adjusted the bump stop on my MGW shifter and it seems to have fixed the grinding problem. I ended up putting it back in storage and under my car cover as I am leaving tomorrow. Hopefully when I get back I can get to work on my coolant crossover delete and finish up the rad support cover! 

All looks great!  I really like the painted door bezels.  I feel like those are such an underrated "mod".  The stock plastic is so bland lol.  Yours snap in nice, mine still don't snap in on the top portion because the inside part broke off <_<

All looks great!  I really like the painted door bezels.  I feel like those are such an underrated "mod".  The stock plastic is so bland lol.  Yours snap in nice, mine still don't snap in on the top portion because the inside part broke off <_<

You would not believe what I had to go through to get them all the way seated in... The inner metal of the door panel would move when I would insert the cups down in and it wouldn't snap in all the way and seat properly. So what I had to do was shove a pair of long needle nose pliers in from where the door handle is and somehow I managed to hold the inner metal piece and push the cup in and got it to seat..  :angry: What a terrible design, the inner metal doesn't even attach to anything or ad support!

You would not believe what I had to go through to get them all the way seated in... The inner metal of the door panel would move when I would insert the cups down in and it wouldn't snap in all the way and seat properly. So what I had to do was shove a pair of long needle nose pliers in from where the door handle is and somehow I managed to hold the inner metal piece and push the cup in and got it to seat..  :angry: What a terrible design, the inner metal doesn't even attach to anything or ad support!

That sounds like a nightmare lol.  I'm gonna have to fix mine this go around, thanks for the tip though!