Det_Riot

Det_Riot's Sexual Teal Whale Cannon Resurrection

Are the front legs of the X welded to the collectors? If so, you may want to have him add some V bands or a slip fit connection of some sort there. It would surely qualify as one of the rings of hell to pull the exhaust if the headers are welded solid to it.

Are the front legs of the X welded to the collectors? If so, you may want to have him add some V bands or a slip fit connection of some sort there. It would surely qualify as one of the rings of hell to pull the exhaust if the headers are welded solid to it.

Lol he is adding slip fit connectors. He just welded them for mock up purposes

Lol he is adding slip fit connectors. He just welded them for mock up purposes

Oh ok. I used to have everything welded solid from the header slip fits back and it was a nightmare trying to pull the exhaust without removing the skirts lol. I could only imagine if the headers were welded on too lol.

Heard it today for the first time. It sounds wicked awesome. The appropriate yet respectable was a spot on description too lol not too loud, not too soft. Took a video but it was picking up a whole lot of BS surrounding noise so I'll get better ones tomorrow!

think you'll have the side exhaust on bt mw? i've yet to see an sn95 with side exit skirts/exhaust in person hoping to see yours in person man love the meats...wide bitches 

think you'll have the side exhaust on bt mw? i've yet to see an sn95 with side exit skirts/exhaust in person hoping to see yours in person man love the meats...wide bitches

Absolutely yes

Let the Wickedness ensue! Love the exhaust. It's very very mild at idle, but once you open all 4 butterfly's, she roars. Need to polish the tips and get the side skirts mounted. That's today's project!

369 sbf side exhaust - Detroit Drifting Co.: https://youtu.be/0lJRZ7BhvJo

ac607456c67c75be2a797d53652c5dd1.jpg

bf8d8c50aa9b5c7186a61477478cc409.jpg

Thanks @tony! Same goes to your car! Picked it up last night and it sounds great as I stated. Was going to try n knock out minitubs before mustnsg week but something about having my car ready before Thursday night seemed much more relaxing. So starting today with the little mods and loose ends.

First off, knocked out the export mirror this morning bright and early. The black bases definitely break up the overwhelming teal on the car.

e19bae8af9552ae21e9d294921d16359.jpg

Finished up putting the rest of my @Carbon Driven interior pieces in. What a subtle but awesome change to the interior.

aaac6efbf784e6b21ec6fecf127e1248.jpg

In addition to the polishing if tips and side skirts, I'm swapping back over to sn95 length tie rods today. With the TeamZ rack placement and 1" shorter a-arms, the drivers side tie rod was only getting about 2-3 threads of engagement.

bryan's gonna have so many fans down at mustang week...get in line to just look at his car i bet [emoji14]

Lookings free. Touching us gonna cost yah

I can't wait for the bro to come up and be like "yo bro, saw you car on instagram.  Bro, i have like the same car! Bro we should be like bros"

I can't wait for the bro to come up and be like "yo bro, saw you car on instagram. Bro, i have like the same car! Bro we should be like bros"

You forgot the "bro" after the bros, bro!

Yesterdays accomplishments: bought oil/filter/plugs for the motor. Break in oil looked clean of major metal shavings. Magnetic drain plug picked up minor shavings but nothing to be concerned about. Put new filter and oil in. Dropped off passenger side valve cover to be fixed since the fitting cracked for the breather and I need it to be baffled.

Since everyone loves pics. Here you go, HID ballasts and harness wired and just waiting on lights :-D

d4a20cbed3940ec972d7b6da68fa0cad.jpg

Thanks guys! I'm not totally sold on em yet, so I think I might do something like that. But for the time being, the issue is that whenever I turn on the turn signals, the 12v is back feeding into the parking light circuit so my gauge cluster is flashing with the turn signals. Is there any kind of like a 2 way switch that internally separates the feeds?

Thanks guys! I'm not totally sold on em yet, so I think I might do something like that. But for the time being, the issue is that whenever I turn on the turn signals, the 12v is back feeding into the parking light circuit so my gauge cluster is flashing with the turn signals. Is there any kind of like a 2 way switch that internally separates the feeds?

Can you put a properly sized diode in the parking light circuit to make it a one way street so to say?

Can you put a properly sized diode in the parking light circuit to make it a one way street so to say?

I can do whatever someone thinks will work Hahahah I don't know enough about electrical circuits and stuff to know how I could wire it up to stop the back feed from the turn signals

Diodes are designed to prevent current from traveling the wrong way.  Only problem is figuring out what size to get.... Do you know what current draw through the parking light circuit?  Usually for typical lights its like 1.5A per bulb,  significantly less for LEDs.  So in this overly simplified thought you just need a diode with the like a 5A max forward current rating.  But I am sure someone else maybe able to chime in on a different way to skin this particular cat.  I highly doubt your the only one that has seen a backfeed issue. 

Car sounds awesome with the new exhaust BTW!!!  Love seeing it so close to being finished.

Diodes are designed to prevent current from traveling the wrong way. Only problem is figuring out what size to get.... Do you know what current draw through the parking light circuit? Usually for typical lights its like 1.5A per bulb, significantly less for LEDs. So in this overly simplified thought you just need a diode with the like a 5A max forward current rating. But I am sure someone else maybe able to chime in on a different way to skin this particular cat. I highly doubt your the only one that has seen a backfeed issue.

Car sounds awesome with the new exhaust BTW!!! Love seeing it so close to being finished.

Thanks man!

I'm going to look into it some more. Alternately I'll put another set of LEDS in to function with the turn signals, but I know there's got to be a way to break up the feeds @kbscobravert any ideas?