Det_Riot

Det_Riot's Sexual Teal Whale Cannon Resurrection

So now driving with the new spoiler how often have you looked back in the mirror and been a little confused as to if your mirror was bumped up and its just showing the top of the original spoiler, or that the original spoiler is now gone? This last week every time I get in the car the first time I look back and see the s281 my first reaction is too readjust the mirror. I also liked how easy it was to tell when someone was tail-gaiting you with the original spoiler when the lights would go under it, will take some getting use too...

So now driving with the new spoiler how often have you looked back in the mirror and been a little confused as to if your mirror was bumped up and its just showing the top of the original spoiler, or that the original spoiler is now gone? This last week every time I get in the car the first time I look back and see the s281 my first reaction is too readjust the mirror. I also liked how easy it was to tell when someone was tail-gaiting you with the original spoiler when the lights would go under it, will take some getting use too...

Well the spoiler has been in the car for about a year already so its no different than before it got painted buttttt when I first put it on, it totally threw me off every time I drove because I was so used to seeing headlights in between spoiler and trunk and the bit was BAM! Nothing lol

Looking great! Does anyone still make the svo side skirts or a reproduction? I was dumb and sold off my side exhaust when i first got my car bc i was tired of bottoming out everywhere. Safe to say im regretting that decision.

Jed, you can buy urethane skirts (SVO's are fiberglass) that look pretty much the same minus the SVO lettering from ABCExclusive. I haven't seen the fit/finish of them in person but I've seen a few guys running them online and they look nice. IIRC Scott has them on his car.

Thanks dewds! Got it together Saturday, tore it apart yesterday Lol the interior that is. Took it down to metal for the cage install and hopefully the carpet will clean up some too. I'm waiting on hardware from MM but I got the cage all lined up.

aruzyqy3.jpg

du6y5yga.jpg

While the car was apart I popped out the side scoops so I can paint them black like they should be

hy3emugy.jpg

And finished most of the connector last night. Just need to get some orange wire and I'll be done.

4yju5ute.jpg

Hopefully it stays not raining today, I'll be pulling the engine apart to helicoil my passenger side header and then do a full header stud conversion as well :) nothing like feeling the last minute pressure!

• Moderators

My upholstery guy told me to take the carpet out, take the mass back off of it, then pressure wash the carpet. Leave it out to dry for a day. I haven't done it, but he said I'd be surprised how clean the carpet would be after.

Been considering a bolt in cage myself... are there any real disadvantages vs a weld-in. Obviously the pros are that it is bolt in and can be painted (still wondering what a Rio Red cage would look like LOL).

My upholstery guy told me to take the carpet out, take the mass back off of it, then pressure wash the carpet. Leave it out to dry for a day. I haven't done it, but he said I'd be surprised how clean the carpet would be after.

Been considering a bolt in cage myself... are there any real disadvantages vs a weld-in. Obviously the pros are that it is bolt in and can be painted (still wondering what a Rio Red cage would look like LOL).

Welp we've got one of those two part water shampooers so I'm gonna give that a shot and see what happens! The cage isn't a bad install either. The difference in weld in and bolt in is that a weld in cage usually welds into the subframe connectors which helps in total car rigidity

Nice dude at times I wish I would have painted my cage chrome yellow when I did it, but damn would that stand out , looks good dude

• Moderators
Welp we've got one of those two part water shampooers so I'm gonna give that a shot and see what happens!

It may take FOREVER to dry that way because of the mass back.

The cage isn't a bad install either. The difference in weld in and bolt in is that a weld in cage usually welds into the subframe connectors which helps in total car rigidity

This is why I was thinking weld-in for my vert. Just makes it way more difficult to paint I'd think.

just some fun bolt in vs weld in info:

Bolt-in vs. Weld-in Installation

The MM Roll Bars for hardtop Mustangs are designed to bolt to the chassis, without welding. The floorpan is sandwiched between the roll bar mounting pads and the back-up plates underneath the floorpan. There is a significant clamping force between the two pads, providing a very secure method of attachment.

While any MM roll bar may be welded into the car, there are serious issues to consider. If the installer is not a qualified "expert welder", the installation may be much less safe than a bolt-in installation. Welding anything to the thin sheet metal Mustang floorpan will create a heat-affected zone around the weld. If the welding is not done by an expert, that heat-affected zone may fail and cause the roll bar to poke through the floor in a rollover accident.

The MM Roll Bars for convertible Mustangs do require some welding to the floorpan. Someone who is a qualified "expert welder" is required for installation of a convertible roll bar.

Well good news is no helicoil! Turns out I only stripped out the stop 1/4 threads. Cleared out the bottom threads and am now just waiting for the studs to show up today to clean it up and out it all back together!

God dammit Dan!

Anywho got my head back on and exhaust studs installed on the passenger side!

7uhevuza.jpg

Valve cover studs came in today as well. And I picked up my catch can and some braided line! Probably won't be in by mustang week but I got a good deal on it so I can't complain

Very nice! I may do valve cover studs someday, it is a huge pain in the ass to get things lined up to thread in the bolts.

And just imagine a group of cybergoths celebrating around your car with their lights and clunky clothing, that would be pretty awesome. I'm gonna start looking and see if there are any cybergoth groups in Myrtle Beach that I can hire to have all day dance parties around your car at the shows, now that would be quite a unique atmosphere ;)

Edited by 95riosnake

lmfao dont worry, i'll make sure i send them back to your room afterwards and let them know you're giving away free Ecstasy from underground rave rings!

And just imagine a group of cybergoths celebrating around your car with their lights and clunky clothing, that would be pretty awesome. I'm gonna start looking and see if there are any cybergoth groups in Myrtle Beach that I can hire to have all day dance parties around your car at the shows, now that would be quite a unique atmosphere ;)

:mockinglaughter:

Where'd you order those headerstuds from?! me like that idea!

:mockinglaughter:

Where'd you order those headerstuds from?! me like that idea!

Summit! ARP :) so the good shit. They were like 60 bucks so hopefully they stay tight lol

anything keep those nuts from loosening on the header studs?

Aside from being tight as fuck, no. I put lock tite on the stud itself in the head but not on the nut to stud. My old bolts I had to retighten like 3 cycles before they were totally tight and I didn't have to worry about them lol

i wanted to do studs because the mac long tubes have all the individual runners and I thought it might make install easier but I went with the locking header bolts cause i had like half of them fall out on me last time. and i hate tightening them.

Made some more progress! After sitting at secretary of state for 3 hours after work -__- Holy hell am I feeling the pressure too. I'm predicting some long days this weekend in preparation.

To finish for mustang week:

-DONE-Paint

-DONE-Paint reinstallation

-DONE-Stud headers

-DONE-Stud Valve covers

-DONE-New valve cover gaskets (praying this fixes my oil leak)

-Reinstall intake manifold and upper end accessories

-Finish installing Cage

-Finish wiring

-Tail Lights

-Cluster

-Install Coolant Resevoir

-POR 15 floor

-Rear Seat Delete

-Wash the fuck outta the interior

-Mount side skirts

-Fab side exhaust

-Pick up wheels

-Mount Tires

-Install wheels

-Install Inner Fender Liners

-Last wash before trip

-Tape up front end

-Mustang Week

lol thanks mort, needed some motivation! I'll take some progress pictures tomorrow for you since i know how much you love progress pictures!