Det_Riot

Det_Riot's Sexual Teal Whale Cannon Resurrection

I ditched my AC because I hate the way Ford designed the whole system, it's in the way of pretty much everything I was trying to do in the engine bay. I'll eventually have AC back in the car but it'll be an aftermarket setup like Restomod Air or Vintage Air.

With a conversion block I found online, I converted my compressor connections to standard GM hose ends.   Then I made ALL my own hoses from scratch and relocated them where I wanted.  I also put my receiver dryer in the fender well.  For a condenser, I used a GM one but to do it again, I will get one that uses regular GM hose ends (tube o-ring, compression).

• Moderators

I'm probably going to delete my ABS at some point, just haven't done it yet.

Deleted mine when Rich was down here.  Cannot go without air though down here in FL.  Does Vintage Air make something for our cars?  They're local to me.  When I called about replacing my system in the 66, their prices were ridiculous though.

Deleted mine when Rich was down here.  Cannot go without air though down here in FL.  Does Vintage Air make something for our cars?  They're local to me.  When I called about replacing my system in the 66, their prices were ridiculous though.

Tom @69clark said he is going to run a vintage air setup in his pace car, so I was waiting to see how that goes. Nobody makes anything for our cars, ever, lol so it will definitely be a custom setup.

there is a guy that used to make a nice billet block to delete the abs you just plumbed all your lines into the block instead of the abs pump

Maybe I'll go abs and ac delete or custom kit when I need more real estate but for now they're just going back in OEM location. I can deal with them for now. Wire tuck was a snowballed project so I'm not going all out on it right now.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

@Yeahloh95 I think he still does make them I have his number somewhere.. o and @Det_Riot you have no choice.threw the.abs module in garbage and Don may have took a sawzall to your.ac lines.... Your welcome

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

@Yeahloh95 I think he still does make them I have his number somewhere.. o and @Det_Riot you have no choice.threw the.abs module in garbage and Don may have took a sawzall to your.ac lines.... Your welcome

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

Hm oh well. Just making more work for ourselves. Yoloooo

A/C in these cars is not that difficult even for exotic high horsepower combos.  It just takes some ingenuity and research.  So not to muck this thread up....I started another but here is the end result of making your own lines.

http://www.sn95source.com/topic/4387-custom-ac-lines-9495/

This is a 650rwhp soon to be 800rwhp with A/C and P/S

Finished product
20120604_133041.jpg

Soooo much yes

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Looks like we can plan on this for next winter.

Looks like we can plan on this for next winter.

Let me know if you need help.  It really was easier than I imagined.  I even charged the system in my home garage.  Because the line lengths are different, etc.  The A/C charge amount is not gonna work, so you just have to wing it.  Mine is apart right now and there are a few lines that I am gonna redo this next time she goes back together.

Let me know if you need help. It really was easier than I imagined. I even charged the system in my home garage. Because the line lengths are different, etc. The A/C charge amount is not gonna work, so you just have to wing it. Mine is apart right now and there are a few lines that I am gonna redo this next time she goes back together.

Absolutely! I'll take you up on that offer

Stock ac set ups in our cars look like crap. Toss that crap in the trash..if its that hot drive the daily as a modified 5 liter runs like crap in high heat anyway. If you truly cant go without it look at vintage air like dan said.

There is no reason to not keep ac imo.. If your car overheats when it's on, then you need to sort out a cooling issue

To each their own but imho it takes up to much room in the bay and we don't have a lot of real estate to begin with.  Weighs a ton too.

Less clutter and weight savings? Yes please. A win-win in my book. I will add I live in the PNW. A/C is not something I have ever needed, even in my daily.

Different strokes for different folks. It isn't going anywhere right now so I'll deal with it later

Updates updates updates! Not really anything exciting. Got another step further in the gauge cluster

ema5e7a9.jpg

Looks funny without the bezel around it. Planning on taking my OEM hacked up one and cutting the internals out if it.

In lieu of that, I picked up another v6 cluster from the junkyard. 15 bucks. Yes please. As well as some assorted wiring, including the fusebox wiring so that I don't have to deal with matching up different color wires, plugs for my alternator, new washer fluid reservoir, trunk struts, and a some things for my cut off switch.

I have bad news about your washer bottle

It isn't the same? Or you're stealing it?

Hurray, no more broom stick trunk prop!!

Haha its pretty upsetting. That stick prop was so useful!

Not the same... We need wiring, but nows the time for them shenanigans

Can we swap the motors?

Interested to see how the cluster turns out.  I like the tach in the prominent center position.  I'd personally want a little more gap between the tach and the oil pressure gauge, though.  Could just be the picture but it looks like the rings are almost touching?

Interested to see how the cluster turns out. I like the tach in the prominent center position. I'd personally want a little more gap between the tach and the oil pressure gauge, though. Could just be the picture but it looks like the rings are almost touching?

They are almost touching. That is due to my lack of measurements and inability to lay them out very well before drilling. I'm hoping that with the vinyl wrap over the aluminum it makes it less noticeable. Before being wrapped I'm gonna attempt to open up the holes some more to shift em over.

There ya go...i like this better than your previous attempt..Lthough Im with tabers on the spacing...kinda tough to fit all those in our limited space. one reason i only ran the fuel guage in there along with tach and speedo of course. I would suggest not attempting to gut a cluter as you dont need it and it may even limit your workable area. Just make some snandoffs or new mounting tabs for the aluminum guage plate and call it done. Cleaner and simpler

There ya go...i like this better than your previous attempt..Lthough Im with tabers on the spacing...kinda tough to fit all those in our limited space. one reason i only ran the fuel guage in there along with tach and speedo of course. I would suggest not attempting to gut a cluter as you dont need it and it may even limit your workable area. Just make some snandoffs or new mounting tabs for the aluminum guage plate and call it done. Cleaner and simpler

This a little better Rich? Worked on it some today. Opened up the hole to bring it over some more

zyha2a3u.jpg

Now go Fuck yourself

Don't worry. We're building you one too