Det_Riot

Det_Riot's Sexual Teal Whale Cannon Resurrection

i see that you have 14in front brakes, keeping the 18's you have or upgrading to 19's. i havent seen too many 18in wheels with 14in brakes behind them. i want to do this myself with the 18in wheels

They'll clear the 18's no problem. People have even gotten 17's to clear 14" brakes in same cases

i would venture to guess my 17's would clear 14" brakes, they clear the 13" ones with plenty of room to spare, i think its possible.  

i would venture to guess my 17's would clear 14" brakes, they clear the 13" ones with plenty of room to spare, i think its possible.

I found people rocking 17" cobra R's with 14" brakes.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

I found people rocking 17" cobra R's with 14" brakes.

See now I don't think my Godspeed wheels would like 14" rotors though, they seem to have less clearance than the 17"a hah

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i see that you have 14in front brakes, keeping the 18's you have or upgrading to 19's. i havent seen too many 18in wheels with 14in brakes behind them. i want to do this myself with the 18in wheels

This

They'll clear the 18's no problem. People have even gotten 17's to clear 14" brakes in same cases

Nice score on the alcrons, >.. Yes some 18s will clear a 14 but I wouldn't say no problem as the brake offset and wheel backspacing has to be correct to be positive...I haven't seen a 14" big brake kit on a 17. I know wildwood says there 14 will clear some 18s but not all. They don't even mention a 17 as Its pretty dam near impossible ( at least with there 14 inch set ups.

Now get busy, that's a lot of parts to get on and very little time to do it.. Me thinks your going to be working round the clock to be ready for MW .. good luck and welcome to crunch time lol

Wow I wish I had ur job. Cant wait to see this car finished.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

Ha thanks Tyler, I wont lie and say I wasn't super fortunate landing this job. Living at home equally helps too!

Nice score on the alcrons, >.. Yes some 18s will clear a 14 but I wouldn't say no problem as the brake offset and wheel backspacing has to be correct to be positive...I haven't seen a 14" big brake kit on a 17. I know wildwood says there 14 will clear some 18s but not all. They don't even mention a 17 as Its pretty dam near impossible ( at least with there 14 inch set ups.

Now get busy, that's a lot of parts to get on and very little time to do it.. Me thinks your going to be working round the clock to be ready for MW .. good luck and welcome to crunch time lol

Thanks Rich! Got the alcons mostly assembled. Need to paint up the crossover tube and the letters still but that's not a hugely pressing issue.

Slower weekend than I hoped for but what can yah do. Pumped out the crank sleeve and rear main seal Friday night. Hopefully will never have to worry about leaking rear main again but I'm sure its imminent.

Then started work on the trans. No progress pics as photos weren't at the forefront of my mind.

Fidanza aluminum flywheel, mated to the 26 spline spec stg 3 clutch. QuickTime steel blow through bell housing. 20lbs added but an unimaginable amount if peace if mind to know if anything goes haywire, my legs will be attached.

Checked runout to confirm that the bell housing was indexed correctly and everything was within spec! That means the magnum was to get bolted up.

zegeza5e.jpg

amu3umeq.jpg

5ypu9u5e.jpg

I can now say that the magnum is easily one of the stockiest transmissions that I've put in. Holy cow.

Still working on a cross member. Likely going to buy the stifflers but need to call them and figure out what trans mount to buy. @1997cobra had an AJE that was supposed to be for a 94-98 with a t56 but we jacked it up as high as we could and we couldn't get the bolts in for the cross member because it was hitting the trans tunnel. TTaking a look from the inside of the car, the shifter seems to be sticking up an excessively large amount so we're making the assumption that the AJE is not for this trans.

zy6ujuva.jpg

Without me sifting, what K-member are you using?  Looks like the trans is sitting a little forward.  I want to say that I can pull my shifter from the inside without dropping the trans any. 

<---has a regular viper spec'd T56

Without me sifting, what K-member are you using? Looks like the trans is sitting a little forward. I want to say that I can pull my shifter from the inside without dropping the trans any.

<---has a regular viper spec'd T56

Its currently sitting on the OEM k member but I'm sure its a little cock-eyed. I jacked it up in order to pull the header and just set it back down. I ordered the stifflers crossmember and trans mount yesterday and that should get here Thursday. Asking with about 3 other packages of nickel and diming things.

I did manage to save about $100 of AN fittings by just buying JIC thread fittings. Did a good bit of research on them yesterday with Donovan and ended up getting everything we need to make subframe pass-thru connectors for the OEM brake and fuel lines.

zybugeze.jpg

Just went through the thread. Bad ass is all I got to say.

Thanks man!

Slow night last night as I'm waiting on a bunch if parts. Did manage to finish the extension for the cut I'd switch thanks to dirty Don designs!

ujyputyv.jpg

enuhy5e4.jpg

Also finished the routing of most of the wires. Just gotta knock out a bunch of soldering and wire routing ba k to the fuse box

The magnum has a 6 bolt shifter, and is almost twice the size of a normal t56 shifter

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

thats what she said?

Thanks man!

Slow night last night as I'm waiting on a bunch if parts. Did manage to finish the extension for the cut I'd switch thanks to dirty Don designs!

ujyputyv.jpg

enuhy5e4.jpg

Also finished the routing of most of the wires. Just gotta knock out a bunch of soldering and wire routing ba k to the fuse box

how are you going to mount the license plate?

how are you going to mount the license plate?

Ever see old 70s or 80s cars with the filler behind the license plate? Going with that concept

Ever see old 70s or 80s cars with the filler behind the license plate? Going with that concept

i figured a flip down, but more so i was interested in the actual mounting and fab stuff.  i've had this exact plan for years but haven't gotten to the top of the list of projects.

i figured a flip down, but more so i was interested in the actual mounting and fab stuff. i've had this exact plan for years but haven't gotten to the top of the list of projects.

Should have it mocked up this weekend (crossing fingers) stay tuned for pics!

Very trick stuff with that cut off switch. Are you going to have a little cling-on decal for the track so the tech inspectors know where it is? Gonna remove or run with the plate flipped down as well?

Very trick stuff with that cut off switch. Are you going to have a little cling-on decal for the track so the tech inspectors know where it is? Gonna remove or run with the plate flipped down as well?

I'll pull it off for the track. The hinge I got is spring operated so it wouldn't stay down. I'll just pull it off to save myself headaches.

Of course when the witnesses tell police it was a loud teal mustang, that's gotta narrow it down a LOT. ;)

:shrug: wasn't me

Hot my stifflers crossmember and prothane mount in today and god what an absolutely flawless set up!! Bolts up like stock, not a concern in the world. Flawless. Awesome. And ungodly amounts of room for exhaust.

gyhy8ete.jpg

etepajy4.jpg

agebupu8.jpg

Picked up my coilover bar (finally) and starting the install on that tomorrow. Keeping with the theme of this winter, it will feature...yupp you guessed it! More cutting!! Woo hooo!

Teaser parts!!

yte9a8e2.jpg

Man I've been looking at that last picture for a while now and I'm clueless. I thought, teal roll bar padding? No. Something powder coated wrinkle finish teal? Maybe. 50 grit sandpaper?? Ha

And excuse my ignorance, but what might a coilover bar be? I guess I could wait and see, huh.

Nice Bryan, i just must have missed the pic with the tub kit in it lol...

Man I've been looking at that last picture for a while now and I'm clueless. I thought, teal roll bar padding? No. Something powder coated wrinkle finish teal? Maybe. 50 grit sandpaper?? Ha

And excuse my ignorance, but what might a coilover bar be? I guess I could wait and see, huh.

The coilover bar lets you mount your setup inward over the axle instead of using the outer section of the axle and stock wheel well mounting location. Mainly used when you tub the car and cut out the stock wells.

Nice Bryan, i just must have missed the pic with the tub kit in it lol...

The coilover bar lets you mount your setup inward over the axle instead of using the outer section of the axle and stock wheel well mounting location. Mainly used when you tub the car and cut out the stock wells.

Must be too early for you Haha I pushed the minitub project back, just not enough time before MW this year.

And I think sublime was talking about what I posted a pic of which is not a coilover bar lol