95riosnake

The Chronicles of 95riosnake's OCD Machine

They would have a couple of sets sold almost as soon as they had them out as I asked to buy them when I got my bags instead.  Not sure if the place I got them from knew more then we do but they seem to think it would be a while for the shockwaves and recommended just going cool ride now almost 2 yrs ago even though ridetech was hinting they might have something to show at sema when I saw them at a local hot rod show.   Their office is about an hour away and now that I think about it they always come to the show that is coming up on the 24th of this month.  Maybe I can hire some bums to picket the place with me.  Do you think that a weird bald dude and a bunch of bums with sings saying "WE WANT OUR SHOCKWAVES!!" would stir up any attention at a hot rod show?  Damn I have also been looking forward to getting my car weighed by them, not this year again...

You and me both Ryan.

I've gotten a couple things in recently but nothing deserving of an update yet. I'm gonna be unenthusiastically dropping the trans in the next couple weeks to do the rear main seal though, woo hoo! lol

Where ya putting the display for the e3 at?

Thinking something custom made to replace the clock pod, but I won't make many plans until I have the display in hand and spend about a half hour holding it over different spots to decide where I want it lol.

Only 30 minutes? Why so fast? lol

Haha, 30 minutes is an optimistic prediction, let's say more like 2 hours. Of course I've been brainstorming where to put it in my head for about a year now lol

that could be interesting and creative.  The overhead wasn't all that hard to install but making it look like it could belong there took some time.

The overhead console is still on the option list, I'd just prefer to not have to get into dropping the headliner. Helped do it on another SN before and not interested in doing it again, lol. I have a shitty old factory clock I'm going to cut the base off of to build my pod from, then I'm thinking I'll have it kind of flow down toward the vents a bit to reduce the height. I'll mock it up in cardboard like always to get a feel for it and show you guys what I'm thinking lol.

i think it needs to be within quick reach you never know when you might need to be popin some bags off some flys asses

for how long it takes to get a set he might as well order at least a dozen so he can be poppin them all over the place and not run out.

Dan can just use the remote control to go 4x4 mode when hes gonna hit a bump or change lanes lol

Haha @Prokiller and @Yeahloh95 were referring to an old inside joke from MW 2013 where I was talking about air ride in the character of a feminine-sounding southern guy I overheard talking about exhaust at the meet & greet. It spiraled into a ridiculous character I would assume randomly throughout the week lol.

i just looked through this whole thread and not 1 dam rsd pic lolol!!! but it was still awesome to see all this stuff you've done.

Haha sorry Tony, I think I snapped a couple for Sean, they should be in his Saleen build thread somewhere.

Are the RT harnesses installed yet?  :ph34r:

Not yet lol, I did open it up and looked through everything, thanks for organizing everything so well and letting me borrow the crimpers. I had a busy busy weekend so I haven't had time to do anything with the stuff yet.

And thanks for the CD hat!!

Haha sorry Tony, I think I snapped a couple for Sean, they should be in his Saleen build thread somewhere.

Not yet lol, I did open it up and looked through everything, thanks for organizing everything so well and letting me borrow the crimpers. I had a busy busy weekend so I haven't had time to do anything with the stuff yet.

And thanks for the CD hat!!

Glad it made it safely and no prob on the hat. There is also in addition to the crimpers the silver pinout release tool with the little black handle. Its in case you need to remove a bullet connector from the connector.

I figured might as well be sure you dont get stuck needing to remove one and have a delay in obtaining the tool :)

Glad it made it safely and no prob on the hat. There is also in addition to the crimpers the silver pinout release tool with the little black handle. Its in case you need to remove a bullet connector from the connector.

I figured might as well be sure you dont get stuck needing to remove one and have a delay in obtaining the tool :)

Much appreciated! I'm planning to get started mocking up my idea for the clock pod bezel to hold the E3 control panel this weekend, I was pleasantly surprised to see it was a bit smaller than I was expecting, should make things easier on me for sure.

Spent a few hours today pulling the front bumper cover off, removing all the blower/intercooler piping and cleaning it out. Oil that had been leaking into the piping from the blower had coated the inside of them and pooled in the lower areas and bottom of the intercooler. Not very exciting stuff but it needed done.

On another note, when I got the 98 console installed I kept looking at the e-brake handle and decided it needed a change because the leather had many scuffs and marks in it. So I pulled it out of the car and sent it off to be wrapped in black alcantara with light gray stitching. I also had them change to a French seam along the top of the handle rather than the stock cross-hatched style. That showed up on Friday, I installed that today but being that the console is still missing a few components I decided I'd wait to post an installed pic until it was all finished up. Here are a couple pics of the e-brake out of the car :thumb:

mbev.jpg

cktg.jpg

I also picked up a pair of Baer Eradispeed 2 piece rotors from [MENTION=584]Rolocut[/MENTION] . They are in good shape mechanically but staying true to my OCD tendencies I'm restoring them before I put them on the car.

Here's how they arrived, in overall good but used shape, with the rotor faces lightly cut by Nick before he shipped them out. As you can see the hardware is rusty and the edge of the center hat is pretty dinged up.

vbn2.jpg

Blew them apart to start the process

tuzj.jpg

Wire wheeled all the remaining rust off the rotor rings' holes, slots and edges

5kst.jpg

Filed and sanded the dinged up edge of the hat

p7h1.jpg

I will be having the hats stripped and re-anodized, and I also ordered a new set of hardware from Baer to button everything back together.

To finish up this update, here's a pic that [MENTION=10]WildWillyWalker[/MENTION] requested a couple times of the KDezines rear seat delete. Took this with my phone and wide angle lens, had a hard time getting the lighting to cooperate so it turned out a little grainy but it at least shows how the RSD looks installed. :thumbsup:

bc9i.jpg

Absolutely love the search on this site. This is from page 26. :) @tony

Absolutely love the search on this site. This is from page 26. :) @tony

I actually reduced the minimum character requirement from 4 to 3 in our search function settings because SO many things are 3 letter terms that I search for on forums. Every forum I've ever been a member of has a minumum character requirement of 4, so it just omits 3 letter words from search results. Not here damnit, BOOM.

That top piece on the rear seat has always been a sore spot for me and I had planned on integrating it into the rsd cover as well.  I had it pictured in my head that it would look that smooth but to see it now looks even better. 

hey dan, does your rsd door just pop out or fold down with like a hinge or something?

It press fits in place. It's a tight fit and the padding behind the cover material pushes in to hold it in pretty nicely. There's a little pull tab to let you pull it out when you need to.

It press fits in place. It's a tight fit and the padding behind the cover material pushes in to hold it in pretty nicely. There's a little pull tab to let you pull it out when you need to.

hmmmmm, wonder if i could make it look clean with the panel out at shows with the air tank centered through that opening. when the panel is out, is it just raw wood showing? only asking cause i'm about to order a tank...was going to get a pancake tank to fit in the spare tire area but a nice polished tank would look good in that opening maybe.