95opal

Opals rebirth

That looks great. I was looking at and thinking about how I'll approach mine not long ago. I'm with you, the bumps need to go.

Yeah with how simple clean and smooth my bay has become this time around the bump outs were killing me. I didn't have time to finish that last little one but my painter is taking care of that one for me. It really isn't that complicated and I pretty much wacked it out in a day.

I really wish Butch was within driving distance for me, not that I'm even close to paint stage for my car but I still have no idea who I'll use to paint the sides of my car (and a few other odds and ends) when the time comes. I had one guy picked out until I saw a terrible job he did for a girl I know... granted it was just a Mazda 3 hatch, but when the car is a warm white and the new rear bumper is cool white, I somehow doubt his ability to match and blend Rio Red... There's no way I'd let him paint anything on my car lol.

Thanks Ryan ... being wireless was the plan from the get go. Im just in the process of tightening up the injector harness and should be able to lay it inside the rails so that it will basically be invisible lol. The rest of it is wired up and ready except for the water pump but that's not going near the bay. It took a bunch of time deciding how to run everything but I think the plumbing and electrical came out mint. Just what I wanted no clutter anywhere.

Rich I love how the engine bay is turning out!   i cant get over the fuel rail crossover though, just bugs me for some reason. 

it's only because the distributor isn't in place yet.  once that goes in it won't look funky.

@Blackmage  Pretty much Prokiller nailed it. I have had the crossover that way even on the old set up. For reference well for some reason this site will not allow me to copy and paste links anymore I don't know whats up with that so see the attachment

@Steve-Oh  That lone wire is the alts wires and Im just waiting on the hardware order to come in so I can tuck it up under the oil pan and fasten it there. Trust me you wont see it when its tucked up against the block. But keen eye you do have hahaha

@tony I think you ment to say that's what Rich sees when he looks at everyone elses bay hahahahaha

@Evilcw311 Pondered that in the beginning but there was no real benefit in it for me.

post-55-0-64903600-1440511925_thumb.jpg

Very small update,its in primer lol...debating on sending over to my painter for a little shot of opal..we shall see.attachicon.gifCAM01220.jpg

hmmmm...i've considered this too...smoothing/painting the wiper cowl body color...do it...just so i can see how it comes out :P 

Sure @tony let me be the guinnepig haha

I think it'll look real sweet with some Opal on it. I just saw a color matched cowl on a SN on IG and it looked good. Wasn't all nice and smooth and shaved though.

Yeah im really leaning towards it,the worst that can happen is respraying it black ifvi dont like it

carbon fiber wiper cowls = the new bullitts  :ph34r:

I like the carbon cowls!  I don't like the Bullits.  Therefore not the same! :P   LMAO

That would defeat the purpose of trying to be unique.

I can understand that about spraying it body color.  

But other than smoothing the cowl, spraying it black isn't much as unique or different than leaving it stock in the first place.  

I like the carbon cowls! I don't like the Bullits. Therefore not the same! :P LMAO

I can understand that about spraying it body color.

But other than smoothing the cowl, spraying it black isn't much as unique or different than leaving it stock in the first place.

Body color isnt all that unique either, been done quite often. But how many smooth cowls have you seen? As far as i know or have seen none. How many carbon cowls have been floating around already? How many on this site alone have jumped on the bandwagon? I think your definition of unique might be a little different than mine.

Oh definitely the smooth cowl is unique!

I was just saying that spraying it black wouldn't be so unique if it came to that as say a carbon cowl.  And personally I've never seen a painted cowl or carbon cowl other than on here.