95opal

Opals rebirth

Not sure why but every other site will allow me to paste image codes but for some strange reason this site wont. @Psychorugby

As I said before Rich, the image coding here is different. You have to change the code before and after your image links because the site software here is different. Anytime I copy image codes from posts I have on other sites I have to edit the coding.

The coding here is as follows

gKE42f.jpg

^ Replace "image url" with your image link

Ugh, Rich it looks so cozy in there!!  I like the notching for the underside of the intake, everything is like a fine handmade pair of oxfords!   Which dipstick do you have again?  I think you and Dalamar or another OG member had the same one and I kept meaning to order it. 

Thanks @Steve-Oh  The dipstick is from lockar and the fine pair of oxfords were made in my humble garage lol

Yes that's it!  Isn't this the same dipstick @Prokiller lost in the abyss of his pan?  ;)  You seem to have the ability to do that in your garage, mad skillz for sure!  Excited to see which wheels you ended up with. 

Looks like the same dipstick I have, the Lokar locking one where you slide the collar back before you can pull it out right? Pretty nice piece.

Forgot to say that it all looks incredible Rich, I also dig the notching of the valve cover. You're making me feel like a huge slacker, I haven't done shit on mine in months.

Looks like the same dipstick I have, the Lokar locking one where you slide the collar back before you can pull it out right? Pretty nice piece.

Forgot to say that it all looks incredible Rich, I also dig the notching of the valve cover. You're making me feel like a huge slacker, I haven't done shit on mine in months.

Yup same as the one I had on my old motor just went with the midnight series instead of the brushed look that i had before.

Id like to say thanks but the notching of the cover is just a bandaid for my bad measurements i took lol. Dont worry I will be going into slacker mode in about four weeks when i head to florida for the winter. Life is life the car is a hobby and there is only so much time in a day. Once your settled in to your new garage youll have the time to get back on the car

Uuuuuhhhhh.......is rich sharing secrets with some but not all?!?? I want to see pics of its of recently mentioned big round things........ :-)

This message courtesy of crapatalk!

No secrets, simply sent him a pic of the driveshaft i was cleaning up and told him i should havecsent it for him to do.

Anyway so you dont feel like im leaving ya out of the loop, this is the custom shaft i had made from PST. Cryo treated yolks, upgraded 1350 solid u-joints, ect ect.

Im also tosing the stock pinion flange in favor of a Mosier yolk set up and ditching the crush collor for a solid pinion spacer.Will be putting it all in tomorrow as its the last piece of the drivetrain to install. Once thats in I can start on fabricating the exhaust.post-55-0-69703700-1445988110_thumb.jpgpost-55-0-98329000-1445988516_thumb.jpgpost-55-0-68951500-1445988701_thumb.jpg

awesome Rich.  you have any idea how you're going to get the exhaust through all that?

Well original plan was to custom fab the tail section to go up threw that mess but my new plan is to use a modified irs exhaust to go under all that crap lol

A little stifflers love for these custom brackets and a big thanks to 69clark for not only getting the ball rolling but finishing it off with some nice powder coating.

The old team z bracket compared to the new custom bracket

post-55-0-59130200-1454880737_thumb.jpg

post-55-0-60933800-1454880822_thumb.jpg

post-55-0-41746000-1454880897_thumb.jpg

post-55-0-86907200-1454880951_thumb.jpg

It's silly how much nicer the Stifflers pieces look than the TeamZ.  Looks great!

Random question regarding your cowl run fuel lines.  Do your fuel lines run all the way through the cowl from the fender or does the main line come into the bay and then into the cowl?  Reason I ask is I'd like to hide some wiring from the interior through the cowl and into the passenger fender, but the cowl right by the passenger fender is virtually sealed off and there looks like there is a screen on the top.  I'm guessing this is where the HVAC system sources its air.  How did you get around this if thats how you ran yours?  Obvious answer is to drill some holes but I didn't know if it is actually open at the bottom and I might be able to snake some wires with a coat hanger or something before I go putting more holes in the car.

the feed line comes into the fenders then the cowl threw the firewall to the rails. the return line from the rails threw the firewall into the cowl then exit into the fender well. the screen is for the vent air for the hvac. There are drain holes in each front corner of the cowl that are big enough to snake some wires threw without having to drill any extra holes. Its a little tight in there but I don't see a problem snaking wires threw. The drain holes exit into the fender well not out the bottom. you can remove that screen off the vent and trim it down to get your wire past it if you cant do it with the screen intact. Its only held on with some trim adhesive and is a snap to remove. You will have to get a flashlight and look at the front corners of the cowl to see the existing drain holes once you locate them its a no brainer from there. Now running anything bigger than a few wires will require some modifications and a bit of fabrication.

My gripes about the team z brackets were that when installed they were literally hanging on the bottom two bolt holes which didn't make me to comfortable and there was no way to drop them any lower. These brackets are installed about 1/2" lower than were I had the team z brackets and there is still plenty of beef on the bracket to attach to the axle. I will install 2 more bolts per side just for piece of mind. All in all there just beefier with tons more adjustability.

Looks lile its been a while since Ive been around lol. 

Anyway some of the crap ive been working on.

Had to cut out and reweld the shick mounts to clear the griggs watts link.

Added griggs severe duty torque arm.

Polished up the exhaust. Modifying some termi exhauat to jive with the jumgle gym of crap out back.

20160124_193339-1.jpg

20160726_112615.jpg

20160821_174609.jpg

20161005_194142.jpg

20161031_135814.jpg

20161106_110650_HDR.jpg

• Moderators
2 hours ago, 95riosnake said:

Troy will be on the road before me lol. I think I might edge out Chris just slightly, since he has way more on his plate to finish his than I do... lol.

Even then, I've got school and the kidlet.  The stupid car might be old enough to be worth something by the time I'm done.