95opal

Opals rebirth

Haha, funny stuff. CF Bullitts though....might be on to something there...like satin/raw CF finish.... like a modern spin on the old rough anthracite finish.

On a serious note though, I don't think there are that many options for the finish of the cowl panel. The factory black plastic, CF, and color matched to the paint, maybe some colored CF for certain color combos. Another thing I was wondering about was the brushed metal vinyl wrap material I've seen. I could see a brushed black metal wrap looking alright. I think the color matched will go very nice with your car though. Very smooth and clean looking like everything else on it. And like you said, if you changed your mind, simple enough to change up.

I just read this entire thread. Life has no purpose and my money and time is now spoken for, for the next few years... Bowing down to your build my good sir!

Don't feel bad!  The same thing happened to all of us once he started this thread!

Don't feel bad! The same thing happened to all of us once he started this thread![/quote

The stuff he's doing is amazing. Kinda sucks that some of his parts can't even be replicated or bought new, like the hose clamps, but that's what makes his car unique! Also love all the Allen style bolts and the plumbing and grommets in the fenders and bulkhead

Haha, funny stuff. CF Bullitts though....might be on to something there...like satin/raw CF finish.... like a modern spin on the old rough anthracite finish.

On a serious note though, I don't think there are that many options for the finish of the cowl panel. The factory black plastic, CF, and color matched to the paint, maybe some colored CF for certain color combos. Another thing I was wondering about was the brushed metal vinyl wrap material I've seen. I could see a brushed black metal wrap looking alright. I think the color matched will go very nice with your car though. Very smooth and clean looking like everything else on it. And like you said, if you changed your mind, simple enough to change up.

i was thinking about doing that brushed black wrap a while back but it would be tough since it bends so much. you really need straighter panels to pull of the brushed wrap, otherwise the lines end up looking skewed and funky.  the cowl panel is the one thing i wish i would have had painted when i did my car. 

That is a good point. I think painted is the safe route.

Its already in my painters hand so in a few weeks ill see how i like it.if I dont who knows what ill do but i do like the vlack brushed look on other things. The cowl not so much as Ryan said would be really hard to make it look good with the curves on the panel.

What's the next thing on the list now that the cowl is taken care of? I know you have some plans for the interior, can't remember what the current progress is on that.

Still battling some engine bay deamons. Two in particular. One is the blower intake elbow to valve cover clearance. The 90* rubber elbow is rubbing the front corner of the passenger cover. So im. Notching the cover to clear that boot.

The second issue is my dumbass left myself a tad to tall when i measured for my valve cover height. Im about a strong 1/16 to tall and the driverside part of my holley is rubbing a bit on the valve cover. Nothing crazy but i had to grind down a little bit of the underside of the intake for clearence. I now have daylight but need to refinish the upper. A spacer would have been theceasy way out but with the port job on the holley a spacer was out of the question.

Inerior projects that are already underway include center console, clock pod conversion to fit an autometer analog. Clock to match the rest of the gauges. Complete redesign of the rear seat delete. The dash still has to come out so it can get wrappex with the rest of the panels and so i can pull the heater core and get some AN fittings on it. I have to relocate the hvac controls to make room for the IPad and rework the trim around that. Need to wire in the black box, fuel controler, fuel pump and a bunch of miscillanious crap. Dynomat the entire car. Also have to get in the trunk to mount the meth cell, battery and do some custom panel work back there. Last but not least is to load the recaro seats and interior panels and take them down to my upholstery guy to go over the materials and come up with a final plan.

Still battling some engine bay deamons. Two in particular. One is the blower intake elbow to valve cover clearance. The 90* rubber elbow is rubbing the front corner of the passenger cover. So im. Notching the cover to clear that boot.

The second issue is my dumbass left myself a tad to tall when i measured for my valve cover height. Im about a strong 1/16 to tall and the driverside part of my holley is rubbing a bit on the valve cover. Nothing crazy but i had to grind down a little bit of the underside of the intake for clearence. I now have daylight but need to refinish the upper. A spacer would have been theceasy way out but with the port job on the holley a spacer was out of the question.

Inerior projects that are already underway include center console, clock pod conversion to fit an autometer analog. Clock to match the rest of the gauges. Complete redesign of the rear seat delete. The dash still has to come out so it can get wrappex with the rest of the panels and so i can pull the heater core and get some AN fittings on it. I have to relocate the hvac controls to make room for the IPad and rework the trim around that. Need to wire in the black box, fuel controler, fuel pump and a bunch of miscillanious crap. Dynomat the entire car. Also have to get in the trunk to mount the meth cell, battery and do some custom panel work back there. Last but not least is to load the recaro seats and interior panels and take them down to my upholstery guy to go over the materials and come up with a final plan.

Oh that's all?

Haha sounds like you have a full plate. That sucks about the clearance issues but it seems that's the problem 99% of the time when you're doing custom stuff.

wrapping the dash??!!! you beast! i would love to do that also. i know you don't give out many details so i'll just imagine it in my head lol. you seem like a black suede double stitched and body color smoothed plastic kinda guy...at least that's what i have in my head  :P

Oh that's all?

Haha sounds like you have a full plate. That sucks about the clearance issues but it seems that's the problem 99% of the time when you're doing custom stuff.

Thats the short list haha at least its short in my mind compared to all the crap thats already been done. Did I mention that i have to still fabricate the exhaust somehow to jive with the narrowed rear. The clearence issue isnt a big deal just more time notching,welding and refinishing stuff, like you said pretty much the norm when you shy away from factory stuff.

wrapping the dash??!!! you beast! i would love to do that also. i know you don't give out many details so i'll just imagine it in my head lol. you seem like a black suede double stitched and body color smoothed plastic kinda guy...at least that's what i have in my head :P

The suede and stiching sounds good but smoothed body color plastic is not my style. Sorry Tony

I'm a little surprised you gave out as many details as you did. Sounds exciting and looking forward to it as always.

Blaise the list of details was small, I thought. Its the detail in the details that set things off and those wont be divulged until there complete. Just have no idea when they will be complete, thats what sucks. Wish I was retired so I could put a few 40 hour weeks into her to make some real headway. Just never seems as though theres any time to actually get shit done.

• Moderators

Well I was going to post updates but the site wont let me copy and paste an image code. Oh well next time

It should, that's how I always get my crappy updates in here.

Final assembly is underway.

new one piece hardend pushrods

DSCF1463_zpsntsev6su.jpg

comp cams ultra pro magnum chromemoly rockers

DSCF1460_zpsaoodthhd.jpg

ready to start setting valve lash

DSCF1454_zpsundd2lju.jpg

valve lash set intake gasket mock up

DSCF1465_zpskxgovlqa.jpg

boom intake on and torqued to spec

DSCF1473_zpscsqiac7c.jpg

DSCF1474_zps34zatagk.jpg

Had to notch the valve cover to clear the blower intake elbow. Hopefully finish polishing them up and installed over the weekend.

DSCF1466_zps5hrlvyvv.jpg

And a better pic of the smoothed cowl Im patiently waiting on to return from my painter

DSCF1438_zpsqipfjcyb.jpg

With a little luck I will have this motor wrapped up this week and start to fully concentrate on the interior fabrication.

i know it's just a simple shaved cowl but god dude that thing is perfect vs the eyesore of trying to go wiperless and having chair leg end caps double sided taped to the wiper post  <_< 

Our image coding is different than other sites, every time I paste here I have to edit the image code before and after the image links.

The new progress is looking great Rich! I love the smooth cowl too :2thumb:

The cigarette butts make that cowl pop ever more!

Honestly I'm surprised that's all you see in that pic lol. I can only remember a couple times when I didn't see Rich with a cigarette. I guess sometimes he has "vegetables" instead, but that's about it lol.

The cigarette butts make that cowl pop ever more!

I have to LOL after looking at the pic again.

Honestly I'm surprised that's all you see in that pic lol. I can only remember a couple times when I didn't see Rich with a cigarette. I guess sometimes he has "vegetables" instead, but that's about it lol.

A stead diet of "steamed vegetables" keeps the cigarettes away...

I have to LOL after looking at the pic again.

A stead diet of "steamed vegetables" keeps the cigarettes away...

i remember hanging out with troy, tom and rich at mw and he vanished.....weird cause at that exact moment it smelled like a skunk 

KlghQ.gif

Engine bay wiring is complete interior work is underway woot woot. .... No pics until I somehow figure out the cockamamie coding this site is using or unless im uploading from my phone.... so until either of those happen just use your imagination. LOL

• Moderators

Engine bay wiring is complete interior work is underway woot woot. .... No pics until I somehow figure out the cockamamie coding this site is using or unless im uploading from my phone.... so until either of those happen just use your imagination. LOL

What site are you trying to copy/paste from?  As far as I know, it's the same IMG, /IMG tags that everywhere uses...

Not sure why but every other site will allow me to paste image codes but for some strange reason this site wont. @Psychorugby

Thanks or the imagination @Evilcw311

That would make two us us @SublimeRT

Been looking forward to doing the interior for a while now. To many ideas swirling around and the more time I think about it the more ideas I get. Have to start now before it snowballs into a two year project.