95opal

Opals rebirth

I can speak to the amount of welding, that shit suuuuuuucked but it's worth it. All the welding burns on my neck and arms have healed nicely ;)

Think i may have went threw a couple of sweetshirts which really didnt help the burn factor lol

The bracing looks fantastic! Such a clean, all business underside. Awesome.

sounds like I should probably get one of these for installation if I go this route with my car.

100305_hurtlocker1.jpg

Thanks tabers yull definitely need some type of burn protection as theres no real way to avoid hot weld frpm falling on ya or some sparks droping in your hair lol

mmm stifflers... that turned out fantastic Rich.

Thanks Ryan i gotta say Brian reslly designed the sytem really well. Its funny though at the amount of people who really have no clue what the spider bracing is designed to do.

I once was tig welding aluminum on top of a cable run out of position outside in kind-of a crouched position and a blob of molten aluminum landed on my lap, burnt through my suit, shorts underneath and burnt the tip of my dick. True story.

Scared the crap out of me the first time i started maneuvering the car on the stands. I looked up and realkzed the entire car was ho hovering over the jackstands lol.

I experienced this recently with my car while putting it up on stands for the first time after welding up the thru-floor sfcs.  Not something I'm used to happening while working on a Mustang! lol

Things are looking good.  That bracing is interesting, and apparently well designed and effective.  I like it.

I experienced this recently with my car while putting it up on stands for the first time after welding up the thru-floor sfcs.  Not something I'm used to happening while working on a Mustang! lol

Things are looking good.  That bracing is interesting, and apparently well designed and effective.  I like it.

Yeah definitely something that threw me for a loop, ive installed sfc on every stang ive owned and none of them ever had the affect like this before. Quit the suprise when your not expecting it.

i'm stoked for you man this is going to be so badass!

Thanks Tony,im pretty stocked myself. I could have had it in a while ago but my anal ass kept changing crap. I just went threw the final mock up just to come up with more stuff to change, just placed an emergency order for some ne black ES motor mounts to repace my practically brand ne red mounts, just couldnt live with them lol. I know stupid shit right, well that stupid shit would haunt me till days end if i dont change ut immediately. So now i have a bunch of crap to change and modify once again but the motor and trans will go in as planned and the added bs wull be taken care of as i dress the motor.

So what are the big protected left to complete???

The littlest of projects turn into big projects whith my anality diseas lol but theres no short on projects my next focus will be on interior fab work that needs to be done sp i can get everything over to my guy. Other than that its all about wireing, dresiing the motor and odds and ends.

post-55-0-62426700-1416945838_thumb.jpg

Looks sooo great @95opal !  How slow and careful did you lower everything in?!?!  I'd be super paranoid that I'd slip or something stupid happen and scratch the fresh paint!!  I'm sure you're used to this though, just another day at the office.

Looks sooo great @95opal !  How slow and careful did you lower everything in?!?!  I'd be super paranoid that I'd slip or something stupid happen and scratch the fresh paint!!  I'm sure you're used to this though, just another day at the office.

Everything taped up covered in rags, foam pipe insulation on everything.  then you scratch the piss out of something completely unrelated to what youre doing on the car haha

Looking great Rich! I can only imagine the stress dropping the engine down into that pristine engine bay.

damn looks so good man!  absolutely love all the bracing underneath!   Although why all adjustable rod ends under it? 

That is the Stifflers K member brace and spider brace setup. Basically it ties the K member into the sub frames to stiffen up everything in the front of the car.

All that's bracing looks amazing, damn I thought I was stressed dropping the engine in my car you must have been borderline stroke haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That is the Stifflers K member brace and spider brace setup. Basically it ties the K member into the sub frames to stiffen up everything in the front of the car.

I totally get what it does. but why not make hard mount locations, like bolt and nut vs the adjustable rod ends?    

• Moderators

I totally get what it does. but why not make hard mount locations, like bolt and nut vs the adjustable rod ends?    

Because not every car is created as square as the next is my guess.

Because not every car is created as square as the next is my guess.

Winner winner chicken dinner. Also to give freedom of mounting tab locations to clear exhaust and other things that vary from car to car. You weld the tabs to the K member and sub frames so you can adjust where you want things if needed.

Winner winner chicken dinner. Also to give freedom of mounting tab locations to clear exhaust and other things that vary from car to car. You weld the tabs to the K member and sub frames so you can adjust where you want things if needed.

ahhhhh that makes sense, i didnt know you welded the tabs on.  I understand the difference in body structures and not everything is the same, but that pretty much makes it crystal clear, that its pretty custom.

Got it, thanks!

damn looks so good man!  absolutely love all the bracing underneath!   Although why all adjustable rod ends under it? 

Just a little info for you. They are clevis ends not rod ends a bit off a difference. Adjustability is for the different mounting locations and different tolerances from the factory. Theres a few tabs that need to be welded in, the placement of said tabs will depend on what you have to clear to make it work. IE. exhaust, large bellhousings , oil pans ect ect.

Im pretty careful steve, just set her over the bay crack the bleeder on the hoist and guide her in. I do it while im standing in the bay and if you just barely crack the bleeder youll have time to drink your coffee while you guide her in. True story.

yea man motor/tranny stuff looks great. those fn mirrors though!!!!!! gimme them  :angry:

Lol Tony, it took me about a year and 15 attempts to finally score those mirrors. Every set that came up I was trying to jump on but it seemed as though I was always a second to late. I finally scored this set on SVT for a decent price and somehow managed to get to them before the rest of the wolves could jump in.

Looks outstanding!  A truly flawless car!  Can't wait to see it finished!

Lol Tony, it took me about a year and 15 attempts to finally score those mirrors. Every set that came up I was trying to jump on but it seemed as though I was always a second to late. I finally scored this set on SVT for a decent price and somehow managed to get to them before the rest of the wolves could jump in.

I'm envious as I've basically given up on finding some.  They always seem to be sold instantly and for ridiculous prices typically.  I've more set my sites on finding a set of 03/04 mirrors and modifying the base.

Looks outstanding!  A truly flawless car!  Can't wait to see it finished!

I'm envious as I've basically given up on finding some.  They always seem to be sold instantly and for ridiculous prices typically.  I've more set my sites on finding a set of 03/04 mirrors and modifying the base.

That was the exact problem I was having no matter how fast I tried to jump on a set they would be gone by time I hit send lol. I just kept on looking till the one day I cought a set that was just listed like minutes before I checked in. Scored them for $350 which isn't bad as you know some guys are getting 450 a set. I did cut them down to match up with our bodylines. Keep looking youll eventually come up with a set. I looked for 5 years to find my saleen tail light bezels, talk about frustrating lol

Right on man. Can't wait to see it with fuel system all plumbed up and blower on there

Well hate to disappoint ya mustard but the fuel system is already plumbed up. Just have to drop two lines down to the rails but you wont really see them as they will drop down to the rails right from the firewall. What you see in the last pic is basically it besides the blower and alt. Like I said when I started Im shooting for the cleanest EFI set up in the country and I wasn't kidding.

I really can't wait to see this thing in the flesh Rich. Yet at the same time I don't want to because it will open the flood gates in my head, and I'm really hoping to have my car back on the road by that time... Once the ideas start coming... the welder and grinder aren't far behind, and before I know it I'll have a garage ornament again :(

I really can't wait to see this thing in the flesh Rich. Yet at the same time I don't want to because it will open the flood gates in my head, and I'm really hoping to have my car back on the road by that time... Once the ideas start coming... the welder and grinder aren't far behind, and before I know it I'll have a garage ornament again :(

Dan Ive had a garage ornament going on three years now and it may be longer IDK and to be honest IDC as I wont put it back on the road till its 100% done. I know everyone says there never done but in my case Im done when it hits the road. Probably why its taking me so long as Im addressing everything along the way. I don't think I could possibly come up with anything else this thing needs at the moment Ive tackled every square inch of this thing including hardware. Makes me sick to think I have close to a grand in bolts in this car lol. I really want to get a 4eyed coupe into the shop by mid summer and start on that so I am hoping Ill have this thing wrapped up by then but ya never know.

If I were you Id just jump in and hammer out the bay, it really isn't bad to do especially if you just buy the prefabbed panels. I myself prefer fabbing the panels as you can get a more custom look that way. I can see a scotrod car from two rows away not that its bad but there all identical and the lower fold in the panel just bugs the heck out of me. You can hammer out a bay fab wise in less than a week. Finding a painter is another issue and expense. All this time you've been waiting on Ridetech your bay would have been done lol.

no no no!! Stop building for a summer....finish up your brakes/air ride and get it to Carlisle dammit!

no no no!! Stop building for a summer....finish up your brakes/air ride and get it to Carlisle dammit!

Oh trust me I plan to. I'd ideally like to get it on air with the brakes finished up, do the minimal paint work that will be needed on the quarters and leave it alone for a couple years. I know that probably won't happen, but this most recent build phase got out of hand and I'm over the long term build stuff for a while.