95opal

Opals rebirth

i want to do the smooth wiper cowl as well.

its not really the ticket its more the hassle of having to find a friendly place to pass inspection, ive dealt with that with cats and too dark of window tint.

but hey, i still may do it, haha

Lol Ive been running wiperless since 1989, give me the ticket i dont care same can be said with the front plate.
Besides the fact that the cowl cover is currently being smoothed so no more holes for wiper arms to even come out lol. That should baffle the local PD lol

If you are running wiperless I'm guessing that y'all don't plan on long distance driving it!?!?

I'd love to go that with mine but what do y'all do if you get caught in a major poor down?!?!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rainx is good for shaved wipers. long trips usually mean freeways which means higher speeds which means beads up and rolls off better lol. 

Only problem I have with that is how it fogs the windshield. When we bought our Edge it had already had the windshield treated and now when it rains it has a foggy effect on the outside. Have any of y'all had that issue?!?!

ive seen that happen with shitty application.  ive never had it personally do that on any of my cars, but rain-x ftmfw

If you are running wiperless I'm guessing that y'all don't plan on long distance driving it!?!?

I'd love to go that with mine but what do y'all do if you get caught in a major poor down?!?!

Ive driven 5,5 hrs to Carlisle in down pouring rain with nothing but rainx. For the most part the car never sees rain but on the random occasions it does happen Rainx is the bomb..Even on my dailys I prefer rainx and no wipers even though there equipped with them. 

i think i see a smudge on that lower intake rich, better take it all back apart and clean it.

Lol ryan i see mote than a smudge...notice some of the blower bolts and misc..spacers,the dirty alt...ect....sad thing when stuff sits on the shelf for a couple years, crap gets nasty..good thing this was only a fitment mock up and for me to get an idea of what i want to do with it... its already been broken down for alterations and clean up. Fished product is still gping to take quit a few hrs of hacking modifing, fabricating, polishing and cleaning.. good news is my promotion built tr3650 set up is on its way finally.

i think you're going to love the trans.  Walt knows his stuff.

One minute into a conversation with walt and you know your dealing with a tranny genius, thats for sure. As far as how im going to like it well have to see... ive been shifting a t5 for 27 years, might take some getting used to lol. Ill like it even more if doesnt grenade on me lol

Promotion built tr3650 with all the bells and whistles, even a gps speedo sensor.Have to grab the qicktime bell over at ups in the morning as it was drop shipped. All thats left is puttin shit back in to get a final measurement for the built driveshaft.

Bryan what details would you like to know about?

post-55-0-71059400-1412813546_thumb.jpgpost-55-0-20331900-1412813643_thumb.jpgpost-55-0-69776700-1412813823_thumb.jpgpost-55-0-24895300-1412814000_thumb.jpg

• Supporting Member

I am also very interested in said trans details and how it functions. I love the idea of this trans being as tough as it is..... I am not and will never be an auto stang guy so.... Me like.

I am also very interested in said trans details and how it functions. I love the idea of this trans being as tough as it is..... I am not and will never be an auto stang guy so.... Me like.

They have a few different setups for the 3650 depending on projected hp car weight ect ect. This is there race prepped version. Obviously modified to work with a pushrod infront of it. The adapter lets you bolt it up to a tko bell pattern. Walt can build these to handle 1000hp. He got this to fit withput modifying the trans tunnel, shifter bezel ect. He did say it sits just under 3/8 of an inch rear of the old center wich i think i may like even more than stock location. If your really interested in the setup either give them a call and talk with walt he will build one to suit your needs as im not familiar with what type of power your looking to put down. I can tell you this you probably wont find a better guy out there. I was actually turned on to these guys from another PA mustang guy who had used them and had very good things to say. Second time ive went with my friends recommendation, the first one was going with ed curtis for my first HC package and that proved to be a very good decision so much as this set up was again speced out by Ed. I already know from dealing with walt that ive now found my drivetrain guy for life lol.

what clutch are you running ?

Troy the clutch is a kustom duel friction marsel spring set up speced by walt.along with a kustom stell ring pp and aluminum fly. Per walts recommendation

• Supporting Member

They have a few different setups for the 3650 depending on projected hp car weight ect ect. This is there race prepped version. Obviously modified to work with a pushrod infront of it. The adapter lets you bolt it up to a tko bell pattern. Walt can build these to handle 1000hp. He got this to fit withput modifying the trans tunnel, shifter bezel ect. He did say it sits just under 3/8 of an inch rear of the old center wich i think i may like even more than stock location. If your really interested in the setup either give them a call and talk with walt he will build one to suit your needs as im not familiar with what type of power your looking to put down. I can tell you this you probably wont find a better guy out there. I was actually turned on to these guys from another PA mustang guy who had used them and had very good things to say. Second time ive went with my friends recommendation, the first one was going with ed curtis for my first HC package and that proved to be a very good decision so much as this set up was again speced out by Ed. I already know from dealing with walt that ive now found my drivetrain guy for life lol.

Troy the clutch is a kustom duel friction marsel spring set up speced by walt.along with a kustom stell ring pp and aluminum fly. Per walts recommendation

I also sourced Ed for my cam in the fox and couldn't agree more. If this is the "Ed" of transmissions I'm sold.

Thanks!

You know stuff's legit when you don't know what the heck someone is talking about.

Race version, eh?... Face plated? I assume not but thought I'd ask.

You know stuff's legit when you don't know what the heck someone is talking about.

Race version, eh?... Face plated? I assume not but thought I'd ask.

No walt said no to faceplating it as its a bit mote with this trans and the fact that it will never see the track was a good enough reason not to go that far with it.

Picked up the quicktime blow threw bellhousing from ups. Finally finished up weding in the tabs for the spider brace and kmember brace. Gotta button up a few things om the motor and shes going back together.post-55-0-95466700-1413580472_thumb.jpgpost-55-0-72222800-1413580529_thumb.jpg

Rich is going for maximum stiffness!

God I can't wait for Carlisle next year. B-)

Lol steve more or less going to keep the car from twisting up. Youd be suprised what kind of damage hp can do to your chassis. I watched trbofox twist his coupe lying into the throttle, so im taling every step possible to eliminate turning my car into a pretzel. Im still working with a chassis shop to have a roll cage incorporated to wotk with my speedster.

now that i know what that stuff is on the underside (thanks steve-oh) lol. i wanna get some of that for something haha. looks badass i like that!

Tony if your looking intp the stifflers stuff get a hold of 69clark hes a distributor and has great pricing on there stuff.

actually i was talking about the carbon fiber looking heat deflector stuff lol. my first post was asking how the hell you had a carbon fiber underside...the steve-oh corrected my....it's all in chat man hahaa. 

actually i was talking about the carbon fiber looking heat deflector stuff lol. my first post was asking how the hell you had a carbon fiber underside...the steve-oh corrected my....it's all in chat man hahaa.

Haha to funny but steves on the money its lava mat heat shield. Not cheap, best price i could find was on Amazon.

Haha to funny but steves on the money its lava mat heat shield. Not cheap, best price i could find was on Amazon.

yea that stuff is awesome! i wanna find something to use it for lol

I wrapped my tunnel but jus went with a traditional aluminum/fiberglass style.  Have not had it on the road to see the difference yet but I was amazed how much of a difference it made to work under the car.  You don't even need a flashlight if your under it.

Only part of the stifflers that confuses me is that first bar that look like its just in front of the firewall.  I assume its removable or how do you get the trans through it?

@tony wrap your trans tunnel, the amount of heat that travels up from there is ridiculous!

Yup trans tunnel temps suck balls lol

I wrapped my tunnel but jus went with a traditional aluminum/fiberglass style.  Have not had it on the road to see the difference yet but I was amazed how much of a difference it made to work under the car.  You don't even need a flashlight if your under it. Only part of the stifflers that confuses me is that first bar that look like its just in front of the firewall.  I assume its removable or how do you get the trans through it?

Scott the first cross bar is the kmember brace, its mounted to the frame threw the rear kmember bolts and tied to the bottom of the main hoop of the kmember.the spider brace and kmember brace are easily remkved to get the drivetrain in and out. The complete system is really sweet and should make a huge difference. Just the web bracing made a solid difference one jack three whdels off the ground. Scared the crap out of me the first time i started maneuvering the car on the stands. I looked up and realkzed the entire car was ho hovering over the jackstands lol. One think for surd theres a butt load of welding to get it all in and upside down welding is not my favorite position lol

The bracing looks fantastic!  Such a clean, all business underside.  Awesome.

I can speak to the amount of welding, that shit suuuuuuucked but it's worth it. All the welding burns on my neck and arms have healed nicely ;)

sounds like I should probably get one of these for installation if I go this route with my car.

100305_hurtlocker1.jpg