Det_Riot

Det_Riot's Sexual Teal Whale Cannon Resurrection

Brett, how's it make a difference if it's at this height or if it's 2" farther up the sleeve?

is there tension on the spring before putting it on the ground? if so you're preloading the spring and it's going to reduce travel and cause poor ride quality...

Is that Hanlon Perf in PA? If so, great company! They've helped me out a few times and many local guys had their stuff built there with awesome results.

@Steve-Oh, Yes it is! I've got the copy of the receipts for all the work done! hasn't been run back in a car since the work so it's all fresh to death!

Man you've really done a heck of a job with this car...you've got a lot to be proud of.

Thanks man! She's nowhere near the level of your call but some day hopefully she will!

Bob is a great guy and he's the only Trans shop I will refer people to. Glad to see you didn't sell the car

This is encouraging :beer: thanks mike! I think about it all the damn time but can never bring myself to do it Lol

Thanks man! She's nowhere near the level of your call but some day hopefully she will!

This is encouraging :beer: thanks mike! I think about it all the damn time but can never bring myself to do it Lol

I know that feeling all too well

More progress today!

Ordered a Spec stg3 clutch, MRT hood struts, and new rear main seal courtesy of CJPP. Hopefully it'll arrive by Saturday to do my swap! Don't wanna tear my car down not at home if it isn't gonna show up

So where did you find the Borla tips? Dig up a time capsule somewhere? Those are impossible to find!

If by time capsule you mean for sale thread on corral from over a year ago. Yes! Guy had a full set with side skirts and the exhaust so I went in on em with 1997cobra. He wanted the side skirts. I wanted the tips, and we'll sell the mufflers and split the profit

Very nice! Gotta love taking a stab at a super old for sale thread and snagging a nice deal! That's how I got my export tails, I think the thread was a couple years old, I took a shot at it and the guy was like "You should start playing the lottery because you're in luck, I still have them. Just got sick of people low balling me."

• Moderators

I need to stick you on finding me some side skirts and tips! I'd love export tails and mirrors, but I have kinda written them off at this point.

How much for the mufflers?

Edited by Psychorugby

Very nice! Gotta love taking a stab at a super old for sale thread and snagging a nice deal! That's how I got my export tails, I think the thread was a couple years old, I took a shot at it and the guy was like "You should start playing the lottery because you're in luck, I still have them. Just got sick of people low balling me."

Ha funny you mention that because I think I pm'd the guy a few days after I talked to you about export tails!

I need to stick you on finding me some side skirts and tips! I'd love export tails and mirrors, but I have kinda written them off at this point.

How much for the mufflers?

Haha I thought I found a set of mirrors in craigslist but they were termi mirrors :/ guy wanted 350 for em but they're missing driver side glass. And idk yet! Haven't really seen mufflers sell in a while so idk what they're going for

Very nice progress! Car has come a long ways. What did the final numbers end up being after you fixed the cam degree issue?

http://www.sn95source.com/showthread.php?p=55690

292/320 with two bad plug wires and only taking it up to 4200rpms

Bryan back when I cut out the original Borla side exit stuff to make my own using the Borla tips, I believe I sold the exhaust minus the tips for $250ish plus shipping. That's the flow tubes/mufflers and the side pipes.

Bryan back when I cut out the original Borla side exit stuff to make my own using the Borla tips, I believe I sold the exhaust minus the tips for $250ish plus shipping. That's the flow tubes/mufflers and the side pipes.

Hmm okay, I'll start there!

Gotta get in a quick pump!!

Never know when you're gonna encounter some hunnies! And yupp Brett I am! What would you of suggested?

Never know when you're gonna encounter some hunnies! And yupp Brett I am! What would you of suggested?

oh man... that clutch will be coming out in about a year from a failure :(. Spec is absolute junk. I only run Exedy clutches in my cars now, the Roush has the Exedy Mach 500 which engages just like stock but with a 500+ft lb torque capacity and the Miata has an Exedy OEM replacement. Both of which are holding up perfectly without issue...

oh man... that clutch will be coming out in about a year from a failure :(. Spec is absolute junk. I only run Exedy clutches in my cars now, the Roush has the Exedy Mach 500 which engages just like stock but with a 500+ft lb torque capacity and the Miata has an Exedy OEM replacement. Both of which are holding up perfectly without issue...

Well we'll see what happens. If that's so, I won't be buying it again. How much did your exedy run you

he got a stage 3 I believe. Have some starter issues we have to deal with when he makes it back to my house. I have no Idea about anything to do with SBF motors, so I am of no help.

Should be finishing today! Gotta pick up some GM synchromesh, miscellaneous bolts, and I believe that's all!

God damn road blocks!

basically, we had to pull hs passenger header to get the bell on. now the starter does not seem to fit. So, typical trans swap i guess

We had the bell housing in, and all 13 additional bolts to make it sfi approved. Fuck. Had to take it back down to flywheel. In the process of getting it back to being ready for transmission

oh okay, i was hoping you didn't already have the trans and stuff bolted up. sucks but could have been worse. I couldn't use 2 of the smaller bolts in my bell housing because they interfered with the starter bolts so I just left them out.