Det_Riot

Det_Riot's Sexual Teal Whale Cannon Resurrection

I found some stuffs for you!

gforce t5 parts

no prices there, but here are the shift forks

1-2 $169.99

3-4 $169.99

Can't find the 5-R fork individually

Now, I also found this. But there is no telling how accurate the prices are :concern:

***edit***

Here is a real deal service manual

Edited by 1997cobra

Might be making a purchase on a baller project that I've always wanted to do =] Updates will come once the deal is made as I don't wanna jynx it. As for my car, probably gonna put in my cobra rack and shaft tomorrow! Atleast the shaft because it's only two bolts!

Last post fell through, so ignore that =\

Aside from this, went to the track yesterday. Turns out I got more issues than I originally thought. I guess my car makes some whining noise that sounds like a turbo when I'm driving down the freeway. News to me as I can't hear anything other than exhaust and my trunk flopping around.

Also lost my fan after one run at the track, I think I should be okay once I put some new connectors on it cuz the old ones looked kinda burnt up from when I wired my fan in like a moron.

Project never ends.....the project never ends.....

Last post fell through, so ignore that =\

Don't tell me that was the skirts? :( sad panda if so

Aside from this, went to the track yesterday. Turns out I got more issues than I originally thought. I guess my car makes some whining noise that sounds like a turbo when I'm driving down the freeway. News to me as I can't hear anything other than exhaust and my trunk flopping around.

Any suspicions? My car makes a similar sound, I believe it is intake related on mine.

Also lost my fan after one run at the track, I think I should be okay once I put some new connectors on it cuz the old ones looked kinda burnt up from when I wired my fan in like a moron.

nvm what i was going to say here, I was unclear on what you had going on.

Project never ends.....the project never ends.....

STORY OF MY LIFE

Edit**** how in the hell do i get rid of those pictures, I deleted them in the post, but they are still there?

post-341-13881837947197_thumb.jpg

post-341-13881837948539_thumb.jpg

post-341-1388183794897_thumb.jpg

lol idk we'll just leave them there. If I had to guess, I think the whining sound is coming from engine back. So possibly clutch, trans, or rear end. I kinda don't care at the moment since I'm gonna be swapping it all of it anyways ya know?

Thanks to 1997cobra, he found a badass deal on a t56 swap so I'm going to pick it up on Thursday! It's 70% complete, just need the bellhousing and get my driveshaft shortened and I'm good to go! Trans came out of a Kenny Brown Cobra, comes with 6 puck spec clutch, pro 5.0 shifter, crossmember, yoke, fork, and is already set up to accept our speedo! 10 spline input which isn't totally desirable but it'll do for now, and 31 spline output.

Gear ratios are as follows:

1- 2.97

2- 2.07

3- 1.43

4- 1.00

5- .80

6- .62

And to ask a question with it, is a 4.10 rear gear going to be too much or does the t56 gearing make it a little better? What about if I were to put a 150 shot on my car this summer? Would a 4.10 be okay or would first gear be totally useless?

First gear is useless 410s will have you shifting all day. To me the six speed is a cool wow factor but in all reality its just a 4 speed with double overdrive. Works great with high reving mod motors or 7k 5.0 screamers but for a typical HCI 5.0 not so great. Then again thats just my opinion.

Ok, here are some gear ratio comparisons

t56________ t5

1- 2.97 _____3.35

2- 2.07 _____1.99

3- 1.43 _____1.33

4- 1.00 _____1.00

5- .80

6- .62______0.68

So, while the t56 does have a "double overdrive" , it doesnt change your final gear by that much. It does add an extra gear that falls between the t5s 4th and 5th gears, which will be extremely useful

check out how my t56 fits in

1- 2.66

2- 1.78

3- 1.30

4- 1.00

5- .80

6- .62

Mine is considered "close ratio", which happens to be the same as a standard 03/04 trans. You got the cobra r ratios in that trans, which is better suited to the torquey 5.4l, so it should be a ok match to your 5.0. Also, notice how much longer the t56s first is compared to the t5. You're going to have to make up for that, play with a speed calculator a little bit. From my playing around with it, 3.55s should bring you back to almost stock first and final gear ;)

Any one that wants a t-56, message me. I have one just sitting in my shed, and i'll let it go for cheap ;P

​THE ABOVE POST IS A JOKE

Hate you

Hate you

<3

I did some research on what you said about the bell housings. I can't find anything solid enough to say that it is happening. When you call, let me know what is up, I may buy one also for the prices you were saying.

^^hahah drake, its all yours!

<3

I did some research on what you said about the bell housings. I can't find anything solid enough to say that it is happening. When you call, let me know what is up, I may buy one also for the prices you were saying.

^^hahah drake, its all yours!

Imma call around 11 or so once I get out of training so for sure I'll let you know!

So much indecision =\

5pt slo

myPlate-new.asp?phrase=5PT%20SL0&plateType=STANDARD&plateID=PMWave&vType=auto&hndCap=false

myPlate-new.asp?phrase=0MGTEAL&plateType=STANDARD&plateID=PMWave&vType=auto&hndCap=false

Bitch Please

myPlate-new.asp?phrase=8TCHPLZ&plateType=STANDARD&plateID=PMWave&vType=auto&hndCap=false

Ayy Beckyy, inside joke with a couple buddies

myPlate-new.asp?phrase=AYYBCKY&plateType=STANDARD&plateID=PMWave&vType=auto&hndCap=false

later bruhhhh

myPlate-new.asp?phrase=L8RBRUH&plateType=STANDARD&plateID=PMWave&vType=auto&hndCap=false

y u mad bro?

myPlate-new.asp?phrase=YUMDBR0&plateType=STANDARD&plateID=PMWave&vType=auto&hndCap=false

Racecar

myPlate-new.asp?phrase=RAC3CAR&plateType=STANDARD&plateID=PMWave&vType=auto&hndCap=false

Mistress

myPlate-new.asp?phrase=MIZTRSS&plateType=STANDARD&plateID=PMWave&vType=auto&hndCap=false

Broke As F

myPlate-new.asp?phrase=BRKEASF&plateType=STANDARD&plateID=PMWave&vType=auto&hndCap=false

Never Done

myPlate-new.asp?phrase=NVRD0N3&plateType=STANDARD&plateID=PMWave&vType=auto&hndCap=false

keep in mind that the DMV will reject anything that is "suspect" as far as meaning... so bitch please and broke as f are out i guarantee it.

I vote OMGTEAL. I'm not a fan of people putting plates on there car to make them sound like a badass like one i saw that said UR2SLO. Go for a funny plate, trust me.

Update: My car is stupid.

Nah just kidding, got my cobra steering rack and shaft in. HOLY CRAP!!!!!!!! World of improvement over the stock sloppy GT. 3 turns from full lock to full lock. If your steering rack is getting sloppy, I HIGHLY recommend getting a cobra rack!

In other news, I still have a battery box to install, along with export tails, SVO side skirts, finish my side exhaust, buy/install new trans, rear seat delete, install my cage, and get this POS painted before Mustang Week! Needless to say the crunch is on. Gonna start shopping around for paint this week as tthat is the biggest thing to finish!

Update: My car is stupid.

Nah just kidding, got my cobra steering rack and shaft in. HOLY CRAP!!!!!!!! World of improvement over the stock sloppy GT. 3 turns from full lock to full lock. If your steering rack is getting sloppy, I HIGHLY recommend getting a cobra rack!

In other news, I still have a battery box to install, along with export tails, SVO side skirts, finish my side exhaust, buy/install new trans, rear seat delete, install my cage, and get this POS painted before Mustang Week! Needless to say the crunch is on. Gonna start shopping around for paint this week as tthat is the biggest thing to finish!

let me know what maaco you go to. :thumbsup:

Decided to finally begin working on her again as I get her more and more ready for MW

Newest purchase was a set of 14x175 QA1 Springs from Kyle (kyle5.0). Should of taken more pictures of the process as it wasn't that hard to do but by the time I finished one side, I just wanted to get it completely done. I know most of you can't tell a difference but this did end up with me raising the car by like 1/2".

Ignore the dirt on her, she's been neglected recently =\

The old:

8760470228_f860cb2e76_b.jpg

Out with the old:

8760466326_1b3ed04d25_b.jpg

In with the new:

8760453514_698b5b3609_b.jpg

So that leaves me with a set of unidentified 10" hypercoil springs. Anyone need some? =]

Still to be done before MW, well a whole bunch of things. RSD is being worked on with 1997cobra and myself, should have some solid progress this weekend, along with exhaust fab and hopefully a transmission swap =] Which brings me to my next good news, transmission arrives on Wednesday!

Shit aint moving! TKO 3550 rebuilt by Hanlon Performance, McLeod bellhousing, Tri-Ax shifter

8760924934_21f7b85c75_b.jpg

8759797499_2c656e98cf_b.jpg

8760923550_e31a4d89d6_b.jpg

Finally obtained some OG Borla Tips!

8759802225_4b2ddfc9b3_b.jpg

8759803513_0821675a8e_b.jpg

8760928430_d82323fa20_b.jpg

8760929542_128fa5e02d_b.jpg