Steve-Oh

Eons for eons....

Wow, great work! Just read throught the whole thread, can't wait to see how you're engine bay comes out! I am planning on doing the same thing here soon. Keep up the good work  :2thumb:

Thanks @arayray !   I need a swift kick in the butt to be honest, I haven't touched it in months.  Although I had thought about her a lot today.  Made the executive decision that the AC isn't going back in until I can do the "Kbscobravert A/C Mod", think I made a final final FINAL decision on wheels and still slowly putting money aside for my painter. 

The struggle is real. 

Thanks @arayray !   I need a swift kick in the butt to be honest, I haven't touched it in months.  Although I had thought about her a lot today.  Made the executive decision that the AC isn't going back in until I can do the "Kbscobravert A/C Mod", think I made a final final FINAL decision on wheels and still slowly putting money aside for my painter. 

The struggle is real. 

It'll look great! Your car looks mean with the new hood and projectors  :wub:

It'll look great! Your car looks mean with the new hood and projectors  :wub:

Thanks man!  Much appreciated! 

i think the winch has done more work on the car than you have.... :P

Burnnnnnn!  Paybacks!

bahahahhaha!

i'm sorry @Steve-Oh buts just funny

Gotta give it to him, it was pretty funny!

oh and i found a trailer by the way.  looks like i'm a go for that this weekend :D

Eggggcellent!  Very good Ryan, sorry again that I couldn't help. :(

Not much progress has been made but to me it seems like leaps and bounds!  Been in the pass side fender well trying to sort everything out.  Got the CCRM and Ign module mounted up and out of the way. For whatever reason this took me two days to do, most of it was me thinking how to arrange them to be the most out of the way.  In the future I may want to run the intake piping through the skirts so this gave me enough room to do so down the line.  Since I'm talking about brackets I don't know if I mentioned I got the driver side fuse box mounted also.  Both are now permanently welded to the frame, which is a pain btw with the fenders still on.  Still need to extend a few things, IE fan, coolant overflow and the timing pill plugs.  Also need to severely shorten the CCRM harness which is now 7 foot longer than it needs to be (pictured below). 

Last thing on the wiring agenda for me is the main injector harness but I need to do that with the motor in so this means I need to free it from it's plastic cocoon. Then once the cash money frees up it's off to the paint shop where I get to take it all apart, grind down all the welds and paint everything...wooohoooo. 

Pics aren't that exciting but nevertheless here you go!

14856215255_f4b13b4cd5_b.jpg

14855954405_45024bf21a_b.jpg

14669446677_813a18c4bc_b.jpg

14852910001_2963ce0403_b.jpg

14669286130_d896c8b2cd_b.jpg

Fuse box

14853510924_e590afa35f_b.jpg

You can sort of see the simple bracket in the upper left of the pic

14875855703_6c07749f68_b.jpg

Brackets look good Steve! This is why I need to pick up welding as a hobby/skill! Fuck hahaha holy shit I had no idea my thread had that many views. That shit is bananas

Brackets look good Steve! This is why I need to pick up welding as a hobby/skill! Fuck hahaha holy shit I had no idea my thread had that many views. That shit is bananas

Thanks Bryan!  Dude it's super simple, Don will learn you! @1997cobra .  Or take a trip to SEPA and you can do all the welding you want on my car lol!!  Yeah dude you're super popular, dat shit IS bananas :2thumb:

ok, so just so i understand...this is mounted inside your fender? so you have the inner fender liner removed? can you still put it back? sorry if dumb shit i just want to know in case i ever do a wire tuck or want to really clean up the engine bay. 

well i see where this is going.. .you want to be like bryan and have your tires fight a title match with the wires, and the wires losing in the worst possible way. lol ;)

Hell yeah!  Progress!  The brackets and mounting are pretty slick, I like them.

Might have to steal the bracket idea... never mind I have no idea how to make stuff or weld.

that is a pretty good location for the ccrm.  brackets turned out good

Thanks guys!  I though it was the best solution for what i'm trying to accomplish!

ok, so just so i understand...this is mounted inside your fender? so you have the inner fender liner removed? can you still put it back? sorry if dumb shit i just want to know in case i ever do a wire tuck or want to really clean up the engine bay. 

Tony that's correct.  I have the liners out but the fenders still on.  Think of it like you're sitting in front of the pass wheel well, you look in and up to the right behind the headlight area.  It's as far forward and up as I could get it without interfering with anything.

well i see where this is going.. .you want to be like bryan and have your tires fight a title match with the wires, and the wires losing in the worst possible way. lol ;)

Well I don't have as many wires bundled up in there so the stock location should suffice!

cool man....so you should be able to fit the liner back in and maybe still sit kinda low if you wanted ya think? 

The part of the harness that will be over the tire area has not been touched and I'm not adding any wires to it so I can't foresee there being any issues. 

The part of the harness that will be over the tire area has not been touched and I'm not adding any wires to it so I can't foresee there being any issues. 

aw sweet...so you can bag dat biiitch like you want to then :P 

but seriously thats very cool. i've never take the liner thingy out. looks kinda roomy up there lol

I love my ls. Great cArs for the most part

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They are nice cars but I was tired of dealing with all the bullshit. 

That is not the ebony desire I was looking for!

;)  One step at a time!

Well now that this 3 week debacle without a car is over I can move along with the mustang after my sisters wedding this weekend

WJ with 103k on the clock. Got a solid deal on it too!

post-18-14152079696802_thumb.jpg

post-18-14152079861374_thumb.jpg