Steve-Oh

Eons for eons....

Thats what happened to me when I bought my 01 Blazer ZR2. Never got more than a couple inches after that.

Then when I deployed, we got a 18" snow storm. I was in the middle east, and my truck was buried.

Smh

I know it's gonna happen lol!!

I remember when you got that LS cause it was around the time I bought my IS.  I think this is gonna be the last winter for my rwd, tired of always wondering if I'm gonna make it home or not lol

Yeah man it is a struggle for sure!  Our winters up here (and even worse up your way) are just real brutal some years.  It's nice to just give zero f@cks when winter is concerned lol!

nice jeep steve-oh. i've debated trading mine a few times for a clean cherokee sport. it blows my mind with the mileage on those things though lol. 268k miles and shit.

Thanks Tony!  Let me tell you, I search far and wide for a clean XJ because originally that's what I wanted.  Simple, bullet proof and awesome!  Just with every one I looked at they got worse; more rust, higher milage, douchier owners, no responses and the list goes on.  The owner of this WJ was on point.  He had a folder of service history, changed the oil every 3,000, and the fluids ie gear oil and trans fluid were changed.  Obviously there are the stupid things that are wrong, paint is beyond perfect, little plastic pieces are broken on the interior, driver seat has a small tear and there's this one plastic that rattles and i'm super determined to find it!!

hahaaa that is so true with any 4wd jeep for some reason. owners selling them are all kindsa douchey a lot of the times. the guy i bought my tj from was a hot mess! the look on my wifes face when he kept revving it up saying she purrs like a kitten (stock as fuck exhaust) was epic.  

you plan to do anything (besides find that magical rattle) to it? 

hahaaa that is so true with any 4wd jeep for some reason. owners selling them are all kindsa douchey a lot of the times. the guy i bought my tj from was a hot mess! the look on my wifes face when he kept revving it up saying she purrs like a kitten (stock as fuck exhaust) was epic.

you plan to do anything (besides find that magical rattle) to it?

Yeah I'm going to do a retrofit pretty much immediately. These headlights are absolute garbage and need to be addressed. I may try to find a used set of SRT 8 wheels or something similar to my mom's 20" WK2 wheels. Probably not lifting it anytime soon as it will basically ruin the ride. In the future I may change my mind but for now it'll stay closely stock. Oh, and the radio... That shit needs to go.

This phase has probably been the biggest "blue ball's" project for me, of all time.  I was sitting in Phila International waiting for my flight to Austin, TX last Friday afternoon and decided to make it official to myself that i'm priming the bay as is, putting it back together and puting the cover on it for the foreseeable future. 

Back pedal a little to the beginning of September.  I had at that point saved up more then enough money to pay my painter and then some, contingency money if you will.  I spoke to him, whom of which is a really good friend of mine, and he said he needed a little time to get things out of the shop and whatnot.  I was pretty passive about reminding him that I needed to have this done, only mentioning it in the slightest of whispers as not to be annoying.  Time and time and more time went on and we got to 7 days before Thanksgiving.  I messaged him seeing if he wanted to goto lunch, just to hang really and to discuss getting my car over to his shop.  Called / messaged him numerous times throughout that day and he blew me off the entire day.  That day was the decision making day on whether or not I was going to Florida for the gobbler and Austin the following weekend.  I ended up driving to FL and booked my ticket for TX, basically spending all my saved car money. 

On my way to the airport last Friday he texted me saying "huh?" ... I lost my cool.  How do you ignore someone for over a week, not even a customer but a friend!  I was very upset to say the least so when I was sitting there waiting for the plane I said eff it, I'm done.  I believe I'm moving for work soon so the car HAS to be done, no more effing around with this dumb car anymore. 

My apologies ... end rant.  close curtain.

This phase has probably been the biggest "blue ball's" project for me, of all time. I was sitting in Phila International waiting for my flight to Austin, TX last Friday afternoon and decided to make it official to myself that i'm priming the bay as is, putting it back together and puting the cover on it for the foreseeable future.

Back pedal a little to the beginning of September. I had at that point saved up more then enough money to pay my painter and then some, contingency money if you will. I spoke to him, whom of which is a really good friend of mine, and he said he needed a little time to get things out of the shop and whatnot. I was pretty passive about reminding him that I needed to have this done, only mentioning it in the slightest of whispers as not to be annoying. Time and time and more time went on and we got to 7 days before Thanksgiving. I messaged him seeing if he wanted to goto lunch, just to hang really and to discuss getting my car over to his shop. Called / messaged him numerous times throughout that day and he blew me off the entire day. That day was the decision making day on whether or not I was going to Florida for the gobbler and Austin the following weekend. I ended up driving to FL and booked my ticket for TX, basically spending all my saved car money.

On my way to the airport last Friday he texted me saying "huh?" ... I lost my cool. How do you ignore someone for over a week, not even a customer but a friend! I was very upset to say the least so when I was sitting there waiting for the plane I said eff it, I'm done. I believe I'm moving for work soon so the car HAS to be done, no more effing around with this dumb car anymore.

My apologies ... end rant. close curtain.

:-((((((

So is the plan to rattle can the bay and get it back up and running? At least being black you can probably pull off a nice job without having to worry about color match and all.

I know all about projects that snowballed/took far longer than anticipated. I sometimes think the notion of driving my car again someday is becoming more of a fantasy than a reality lol.

Sorry to hear you are getting discouraged with the car.  Is the paint for the bay what has been holding things up mostly?  Best advice I can give is to wash your hands of the bs with your painter, and take care of it yourself.  You can get a decent HVLP gun for a decent price these days.  Maybe even a mini would be a little easier to wield in the bay.  If air quantity is an issue maybe an LVLP would work, or a pressure pot setup.

Sweet Jeep too.  My sister used to have a WJ similar to that and I loved that thing.  4x4, 4.7, auto. She traded it on a 2wd '12 Grand Cherokee with a 3.6.  Neither one of us know what the hell she was thinking.   I looked but I guess I missed it.  Is it a 4.7?

:-((((((

:(

So is the plan to rattle can the bay and get it back up and running? At least being black you can probably pull off a nice job without having to worry about color match and all.

I know all about projects that snowballed/took far longer than anticipated. I sometimes think the notion of driving my car again someday is becoming more of a fantasy than a reality lol.

Basically, I'm gonna try to score a compressor as I have a spray gun.  Would just need to grab some primer from the paint store.  I agree though lol, everyday I had looked at it I just forgot how much fun it was to drive!  

Sorry to hear you are getting discouraged with the car.  Is the paint for the bay what has been holding things up mostly?  Best advice I can give is to wash your hands of the bs with your painter, and take care of it yourself.  You can get a decent HVLP gun for a decent price these days.  Maybe even a mini would be a little easier to wield in the bay.  If air quantity is an issue maybe an LVLP would work, or a pressure pot setup.

Sweet Jeep too.  My sister used to have a WJ similar to that and I loved that thing.  4x4, 4.7, auto. She traded it on a 2wd '12 Grand Cherokee with a 3.6.  Neither one of us know what the hell she was thinking.   I looked but I guess I missed it.  Is it a 4.7?

Thanks man, the struggle is real.  Yeah basically the prep and paint was all that is left.  The problem is my air compressor broke the other month so it kept me from grinding out all the welds, was going to do that at my friends shop then we'd prep, prime and paint everything.   I kind of don't want to finish paint it because then it's really going to look like I half assed it instead of just looking unfinished.  

Thanks!!!  The Jeep is nice, little rough around the outside with scratches but the interior is comfy and clean!  I definintely don't understand buying a 2wd Jeep lol.  Yes mines the 4.7L, packs enough punch for me.  Was actually just about to update the Jeep thread with some interesting discoveries lol. 

Gee, I wonder what kind of Nittos those are? lol

I'm gonna take it to the next level and do the brand, model, size, treadwear rating, temperature rating...everything. The whole sidewall will be a blur of information.

@Det_Riot  @95riosnake

16105633608_5bf44d73ce_b.jpg

HAHAHAHA holy shit! That's exactly what I was picturing lol. Better post that on Instagram, you'll gain at least 1k followers lol

So god damn true Lmfao steve-oh you're killing me right now

HAHAHAHA holy shit! That's exactly what I was picturing lol. Better post that on Instagram, you'll gain at least 1k followers lol

Def planned on it!

So god damn true Lmfao steve-oh you're killing me right now

;)

Sad that this is my latest thread update but it is sure an exciting one, can't wait to get home from work!!!  Maybe this is just the motivation I need to continue on.  B-)

85f11a73-b370-40fc-8e7d-7845a9d61432_zps

Might as well add to the beautious! It took me about 10 minutes to unpack as 1 I was being ultra careful and 2 didn't want to get peanuts all over the place lol. Very well done @carbondriven it's a beautiful piece of art for sure!

DSC_2027_zps6owvz74l.jpg

DSC_2028_zpstn2hpu0n.jpg

Lots of carbon fiber goodness going around here lately. Looks awesome.

I almost just want to display it on my mantle until I'm ready to mount it on the car! It's so purty!

Looks awesome.  Can't wait to see it on the car!

Was there a group buy on these somewhere at some point I didn't know about?  Saw on IG that @Det_Riot got one the other day, too, or was it just coincidence?

Looks awesome.  Can't wait to see it on the car!

Was there a group buy on these somewhere at some point I didn't know about?  Saw on IG that @Det_Riot got one the other day, too, or was it just coincidence?

Same here man, can't wait to put it on there.  There was yes, we had a pre-order list going: http://www.sn95source.com/topic/3051-pre-order-for-94-04-carbon-fiber-cowls-now-with-more-new-edge/

sooooooooooo.....anything new? jeep wise,mustang wise, life wise???

I successfully test fitted a wheel the other week and bought body filler the other day!

@tony you gotta keep up with the IG lol!   ;)

19197165400_d93dc4bedf_b.jpg

But I'll post a couple different angles just for you!  Note, they're definitely not staying that color.

19197241428_c10b89ae9a_b.jpg

19378668912_8a2eb3583c_b.jpg

18764186523_020caac12d_b.jpg

New wheels look great!  looking forward to seeing them wrapped in rubber and on the ground.... Damn those sexports look perfect on black!!!  B-)