Rolocut

New build thread, stay tuned

Did you get a dyno video of this thing? I wanna hear it :2thumb:

This things hanging out in the garage till the roads are cleaner lol. Just got 14 inches then 3 inches last night and 8-12 more Thursday.

On going project, 94 cobra, r block, tfsr225, hp efi, vortech ys

Instagram @rolocut

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh ok just wondering, you said at one point you had a few hundred miles on it so I wasn't sure.

What you don't want to take it out snow plowing? Haha

Lol it's not quite at daily driver level yet. Still trying to figure out why speakers don't play sound while the head unit is on.

Yeah there's a few hundred on this set up. It's really easy to drive with the auto. I was getting belt slip randomly so I have been waiting on vortech for a 6 inch tensioner, that just arrived Thursday. So I had to wait for napa to get another green belt to warrantee mine, just got that today. Maybe get that together middle end of next week. Shops been occupied by a few friends that I'm helping out who have helped me all summer lol

Instagram @rolocut

The stereo problem, did you have the mach system in the car originally and did you replace the speakers/bypass the amps?

Yes replaced speakers and took out amps in trunk and just put one speaker in each hole

Instagram @rolocut

If you used the wires that were connected to the woofers previously then that wire goes back to where the amps use to be.  There is an easy way to fix it though.  If you pull out the radio, connected inside the hole where it was on the passenger side you will see an 8-pin hrns pinned to the inside of the dash, connected to another hrns.  It will look almost identical to the power hrns on the radio only black instead of grey and only slightly differently shaped so you can't plug them into one another.  That is the wire that goes from the tweeters amp to the tweeters.  Unplug it and if you want you can just cut the old female section off of the hrns to wire into your radio's speaker level outputs.  The speaker wires are paired up 2 at a time in the 8 pin hrns, you can test if you want by touching a AA battery to each wire and that speaker will make a popping noise.  Prior too doing that though you will  need to go back to the speakers and wire them up so the old tweeter speaker wire is now you signal wires.  Like I said if you cut the old hrns off you can wire it up outside the car and just plug them in. 

This or you can run wire from the deck to each speaker but trust me while it sounds like a lot above it really isn't.  If that doesn't work let me know and I will get you straightened out.  I installed car audio/security for a long time and be happy too help get the tunes playing. 

If you used the wires that were connected to the woofers previously then that wire goes back to where the amps use to be. There is an easy way to fix it though. If you pull out the radio, connected inside the hole where it was on the passenger side you will see an 8-pin hrns pinned to the inside of the dash, connected to another hrns. It will look almost identical to the power hrns on the radio only black instead of grey and only slightly differently shaped so you can't plug them into one another. That is the wire that goes from the tweeters amp to the tweeters. Unplug it and if you want you can just cut the old female section off of the hrns to wire into your radio's speaker level outputs. The speaker wires are paired up 2 at a time in the 8 pin hrns, you can test if you want by touching a AA battery to each wire and that speaker will make a popping noise. Prior too doing that though you will need to go back to the speakers and wire them up so the old tweeter speaker wire is now you signal wires. Like I said if you cut the old hrns off you can wire it up outside the car and just plug them in.

This or you can run wire from the deck to each speaker but trust me while it sounds like a lot above it really isn't. If that doesn't work let me know and I will get you straightened out. I installed car audio/security for a long time and be happy too help get the tunes playing.

Holy hell! Thanks man! I have played with the harnesses in the back. There are 3 including the CD player that's not there anymore but I'll def give that a shot sometime next week.

Instagram @rolocut

this one is probably still clipped to the inside of the dash as its isn't something you would mess with until bypassing the amps.  all it is, is a regular ford speaker hrns that if the non-amplified system was put in they would clip into the radio.  With the mach system they just use it for the tweeters but it goes too the same place.  I have a pic I can dig up that shows me pointing to it if you need to be sure but its really easy to find.  Slide out the radio and just look on the pass side or just reach in and pull it down.  I can get you a pic of the pin-out on the hrns to keep it easier and save the step of diagnosing them just give me a day;or two before you go and I will post it here or somewhere.

For future reference if you or anyone else has any electrical wiring questions let me know.  Spend 15 yrs installing, I have a degree in electronics and have been digging around in sn95's wiring since early 94.  The car I drive now actually was the car I learned to install alarms in with my manager sitting in the passenger seat about a month after we got it.

Wow, too bad you don't live close to 06096 northern ct. I would pay your gas to come teach me lol. @ttocs

I'm going skiing Friday to Wednesday lol so you have plenty of time

Instagram @rolocut

ebuva5y9.jpge2ajydev.jpgyza6y3ep.jpgu9y5e3am.jpgy4yvapuh.jpgje2uzyse.jpg

Wtf, no leaves, it's may. Come on spring

Instagram @rolocut

So I broke my balancer, that was fun e9aqyma4.jpgy8umeju9.jpg

Instagram @rolocut

ury9e9ur.jpguqybanej.jpg

I think I broke my balancer...

So I filed the crank back smooth and took timing cover off and all and put a billet keyway made up on a Cnc machine by my Cnc guy. Sorry no pics lol. Went from the Cnc machine 150 feet away into my crank lol then bought an ati super damper blower hub balancer. A blower hub balancer is 150% thicker in the hub area and they give you a different seal for timing cover...

Well ati makes there stuff hone to fit or an engine builders balancer. So I had to use a brake hone for a couple hours. Ati made there balancer 1.3735 id of hub. Every ford Crank is 1.375. The goal was to hone until I could tap it on far enough to get to key way. Ended up being 1.378 that did it's job to get it on, with a lot of anti sneeze on crank and balancer hub I put it on. Still needed to use hub installer. Press fit is the best fit lol [emoji6]

So I had 5 sbf balancers laid out around my shop. Knowing a crank is 1.375, this is how big all these different balancers were

Ati super damper blower hub: 1.3735 id

Professional products 1.3933 id

Stock 50oz 1.4100 id

Fluidamper 1.3901 id

Innovators west blower hub: 1.3775

Also. Every single one of these balancers had tdc in a different spot marked on balancer. And ranged in thicknesses from 6.350(stock,ati, pp) to 6.500(fluidamper) to 6.75(iw)

Instagram @rolocut

Instagram @rolocut

Bag of ice on crank snout and toss dampner in the sun or in an oven on about 125-150 to heat it up has always helped me get them stubborn ones on.

I heated it up with hot faucet water and I still couldn't slide up to the key way. It's a hone to fit so I guess it's ment to be done. Ati is one of only manufactures that offers a hone to fit

Instagram @rolocut

Is there a reason why you opted not to double key way the crank?  The hub, crank snout and key/keyway take a lot of abuse when trying to drive that blower as seen by your carnage...

Is there a reason why you opted not to double key way the crank? The hub, crank snout and key/keyway take a lot of abuse when trying to drive that blower as seen by your carnage...

Yes, motor was n/a made 493 wheel, ate a lifter and cam then when being fixed changed cam to a blower cam. Did not touch any other parts besides valve springs. Now that a blower hub is on there won't be an issue there.

Instagram @rolocut

Yes, motor was n/a made 493 wheel, ate a lifter and cam then when being fixed changed cam to a blower cam. Did not touch any other parts besides valve springs. Now that a blower hub is on there won't be an issue there.

Instagram @Rolocut

Makes sense.  Nice setup for sure.

It brings me great sadness to pass on some terrible news. I was talking to @Rolocut last night and he told me that while driving the car, the Lokar throttle cable jammed and stuck the throttle at 68%, causing the car to crash despite his best efforts to save it. These pictures are heartbreaking as this was one of my favorite SN's on the planet, but the important thing is Nick is okay. Cars can be replaced but people can't!

lv1vYE.jpg

qJfW7F.jpg

KOJpys.jpg

ia3ijG.jpg

FYn9C0.jpg

Damn, I'm glad he's ok. With all these cars crashing lately I think I'll just leave mine in the garage to keep it safe.

Was just checking out this build thread for the first time.  I have been in awe for the past 30mins and still am.  Im glad you to hear that you are ok.  The loss could have been much worse.

that's down right horrible news.  this thing was immaculate.  Such a shame, but yes, the most important thing is that you walked away from it.  the cage and safety restraints apparently did their job.

damn that sucks the big one.  Cars can be rebuilt, you sir, cannot.  Glad to hear youre safe.    Time to buy up Danny's cobra! lol

damn that sucks the big one.  Cars can be rebuilt, you sir, cannot.  Glad to hear youre safe.    Time to buy up Danny's cobra! lol

or a nice clean DFG vert....

Thanks guys The throttle cable is still jammed up and open. As you can see i did my best to stop the car, skidded the front tires for over 1200 feet, just could not get the car to stop, over 500 wheel and 450 wheel ft lbs through a 4500 stall, right in the peak range of your not stopping it. I think i sent Dan a pic of the throttle still open on the trailer, unreal, throttle cable worked great for around 2 years straight, out of no where it gets bound up. If I didn't have through floors, a roll bar and the 4 point harnesses i would prob be in the hospital but I got out with only a minor concussion and black and blue on left leg from hitting the roll bar. prob hit at over 50 mph. Pretty amazing. Time to wait and see what insurance does for me on Thursday. Hopefully i can buy the car back seeing as the motor and trans is nearly untouched. 

Thanks guys The throttle cable is still jammed up and open. As you can see i did my best to stop the car, skidded the front tires for over 1200 feet, just could not get the car to stop, over 500 wheel and 450 wheel ft lbs through a 4500 stall, right in the peak range of your not stopping it. I think i sent Dan a pic of the throttle still open on the trailer, unreal, throttle cable worked great for around 2 years straight, out of no where it gets bound up. If I didn't have through floors, a roll bar and the 4 point harnesses i would prob be in the hospital but I got out with only a minor concussion and black and blue on left leg from hitting the roll bar. prob hit at over 50 mph. Pretty amazing. Time to wait and see what insurance does for me on Thursday. Hopefully i can buy the car back seeing as the motor and trans is nearly untouched. 

Yep, here's the pic of the throttle cable...

JqqMFC.jpg

I would personally check the cable over and if it's truly a faulty cable... I'd send Lokar a few pics and ask them what they are willing to do to stand behind their product.

not to fault you whatsoever for what happened, if this comes across that way, i have no intention of that.  but why didn't you put it in neutral right away when you realized it was stuck open?  

not to fault you whatsoever for what happened, if this comes across that way, i have no intention of that.  but why didn't you put it in neutral right away when you realized it was stuck open?  

or key off?

but i understand things happen so fast sometimes its hard to think about stuff like that. 

or key off?

but i understand things happen so fast sometimes its hard to think about stuff like that. 

you wouldn't want to key off it because then you don't have vacuum for brakes.  well unless he already had manual brakes.

you wouldn't want to key off it because then you don't have vacuum for brakes.  well unless he already had manual brakes.

true, and you would lose steering when the wheel locked.  but it would stop sending power to keep you moving forward too.  prob still hit, but maybe half as hard. idk what i would do in that situation, ball up and scream like a little girl is probably pretty close.. lol

I think the recommended procedure is to put the trans in neutral, and then the key to the key on engine off detent, as to retain steering function.

Really though, like said, things are happening so fast, I'm sure it'd be difficult to do that. And that road looks pretty tight and curvy. I'm sure the steering wheel is getting the death grip from both hands.

Sorry to hear about the car Rolocut but I'm glad you're okay. That is scary stuff. You can build another when ready and it'll be better than ever. I'm curious to see what Lokar says if you contact them.

It's probably a little less instinctive to put a car in neutral that's running an auto I would think, and I think this happened very quickly to boot. He said he hit around 50mph so I'm guessing from the time the throttle stuck open until he hit the wall was a matter of a couple of seconds.

I cant pull the cable forward, and disconnecting it from the throttle body it closes throttle body shut. I gotta wait for insurance to look over and shit before i touch anything major that they will notice. Still a lot of questions up in the air with how much buy back will be from insurance and how much they will give me. First plan however is to build a coyote swap 96/97/98 cobra once i find a mint bodied running driving car.

This is why I did not post anywhere of what happened because all the pro drivers come out. Of course you could do the what if or why didnt you game. Instinct would not be to shift into third then into neutral or grab the key. Next step instinct would not be oh you know I am just skidding the front tires and cars still moving forward, possibly still gaining speed, let me make a milk shake and have a peanut butter sandwich then turn the key off.