Det_Riot

Det_Riot's Sexual Teal Whale Cannon Resurrection

why do i see front bumper off?!?

I uh had a run in with a parking block last year....

And why did the tails need to be painted again?!

No idea where or how but I discovered a chip right in the middle of a bezel

Definatly coming down to the wire.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What's coming down even closer to the wire......getting a trailer

What's coming down even closer to the wire......getting a trailer

I understand that, I just found a trailer and still don't know if I'm gonna take my car.

Better make sure you have a trailer so you have somewhere to change clutch cables on the way into the show... ;)

I think I'm gonna get a lower deck installed so I can lay down on it and just work while driving to the show

I think I'm gonna get a lower deck installed so I can lay down on it and just work while driving to the show

Not a bad idea, you can get a whole extra day of work in on the way down lol

Just imagine the reactions from other drivers as some guy blows by them working on his car on the trailer at 70-80mph lol. Even better, get a generator setup and install a welder on the trailer, then be underneath the car welding, that'll take it to the next level. "Damn wind keeps blowing away all my shielding gas!"

Not a bad idea, you can get a whole extra day of work in on the way down lol

Just imagine the reactions from other drivers as some guy blows by them working on his car on the trailer at 70-80mph lol. Even better, get a generator setup and install a welder on the trailer, then be underneath the car welding, that'll take it to the next level. "Damn wind keeps blowing away all my shielding gas!"

You sir have the right idea!

Getting 3 boxes of miscellaneous things from summit today as well as getting the rear end assembled. Not doing much if anything tomorrow. Then hitting it hard Saturday and Sunday. Hopefully have fire up by Sunday night/Monday. Get what I can get done reassembly by Wednesday, drop it off to get tuned Thursday, tie up loose ends Thursday through Saturday, leave Sunday haha

Getting 3 boxes of miscellaneous things from summit today as well as getting the rear end assembled. Not doing much if anything tomorrow. Then hitting it hard Saturday and Sunday. Hopefully have fire up by Sunday night/Monday. Get what I can get done reassembly by Wednesday, drop it off to get tuned Thursday, tie up loose ends Thursday through Saturday, leave Sunday haha

I have to say, that sounds like absolute misery lol.

The end result will be awesome though :2thumb:

Through floors are officially done. Just gotta throw down some seam sealer

ataqugeg.jpg

Also looks like a mess but 90% if fusebox relocation wiring is done. Gotta finish up about 6 wires, then that project is complete. Still gotta do the battery wiring but that shouldn't be a big deal

4e5uhudy.jpg

Finished swapping over the dash cover to black!

7amu9a9y.jpg

Chipping away at things:

Hole in trunk patched

8emu5uzy.jpg

Gas tank mounts added to coilover bar

ne6y6aga.jpg

Alcons resealed and remounted...found out both rotors are below min thickness by .01 and .03 inches -__- not pleased at all but not much to do about it now. I'll rock em for mustang week and look into replacing after.

za6u9aju.jpg

Shitty picture due to flash but dash reinstalled and reconnected.

vuty5yhe.jpg

Should everything go right tomorrow.....*knock on wood* we should be able to have initial fire. Gotta grab my spare cluster to throw in for the time being.

id kill to meet up with you guys this year but only vacation this year is taking da family and my mom to panama city. stang is about to get torn into a million pieces anyways.

yall driving thru ky on your trip down again?!?!

Oh no what for now?! Get out done first next year when @ comes again!

Did we get it running today?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No :-( got trolled a little bit today but necessary. Buddy's truck got it's last stand and needed to be towed home from about an hour away. Good initial trip to work out any kinks in the trailer. Loosed up a brake pad because it was dragging. Getting new tires for it today and it'll be ready for these trip!

Water.... Skippin'... Balllllll

Obviiii going to have to teach @WildWillyWalker the ways!

You're gonna need all that beach time down in Myrtle, I get tired just looking at these pics lol.

Right? I think @1997cobra is gonna take his own vacation and sleep for a week straight after I leave.

No picture updates from yesterday. Donovan did work on exhaust while I finished tying up loose ends with wiring in the car. Need to route the starter signal wire and battery cable and wiring will be done until after the retune. Got both brakes fitted up and mounted, shortened the inner tie rods for the fox a arms but it wasn't going to be enough. Picking up some foxbody inner and outer tie rods today to fix that issue. Also either picking up my axle completed from TeamZ or telling them to fuck off. How the fuck does "1-2 weeks" turn into 4?!

When I had the Team Z arms, I shortened my tie rods, then also shortened my bump steer. I put it in the lathe and took 3/8" off both sides of the aluminum turn buckle part.

@Det_Riot how did you route all the wires into the rear seat area?  i have an idea of some ways to get em in there, but nothing that comes to mind that would look/work decently. 

@Det_Riot how did you route all the wires into the rear seat area? i have an idea of some ways to get em in there, but nothing that comes to mind that would look/work decently.

Just like the OEM ones run. Over the bulkhead. It'll all be under the carpet so I wasn't overly concerned with hiding them.

If you look in this picture you can kinda see the yellow wire that's taped into a bootleg harness. It just runs next to the OEM one that heads to the back. If you wanted to be real sneaky, there's a plug in the driver fender, that takes you down into the rocker, you'd have to open that hole up but you could fish wires all the way up to the rear bulkhead. Then at the read bulkhead there's already an opening. Just blow another one through the backside to bring it all into the rear seat area.

uqyhu3a8.jpg

Just like the OEM ones run. Over the bulkhead. It'll all be under the carpet so I wasn't overly concerned with hiding them.

If you look in this picture you can kinda see the yellow wire that's taped into a bootleg harness. It just runs next to the OEM one that heads to the back. If you wanted to be real sneaky, there's a plug in the driver fender, that takes you down into the rocker, you'd have to open that hole up but you could fish wires all the way up to the rear bulkhead. Then at the read bulkhead there's already an opening. Just blow another one through the backside to bring it all into the rear seat area.

Right on man! that thought had crossed my mine, but figured the wires would cause too much of a bulge in the carpet and look funny.  dont remember reading this either, what gauge wire did you go with for all your extensions, or did you just try to match the stuff that was on there?

Right on man! that thought had crossed my mine, but figured the wires would cause too much of a bulge in the carpet and look funny. dont remember reading this either, what gauge wire did you go with for all your extensions, or did you just try to match the stuff that was on there?

Nah it shouldn't be too bad when you run it right along the edge. I'll snap some pics once the carpet is back in. If I don't like how it fits, I'll probably flatten out the bundles to pass over the bulkhead.

I pulled a spare fusebox harness and interior harness from a junkyard car and tried to match the wires color and gauge as much as possible. Worked out unreasonably well :-)

I pulled a spare fusebox harness and interior harness from a junkyard car and tried to match the wires color and gauge as much as possible. Worked out unreasonably well :-)

Cheater haha   not a bad idea!

id kill to meet up with you guys this year but only vacation this year is taking da family and my mom to panama city. stang is about to get torn into a million pieces anyways.

yall driving thru ky on your trip down again?!?!

Yeah what Bryan said! Next year I'm trying to get a big group together and either get a beach house or a real nice condo! I know I should have a couple of local people rolling down with me next year for sure. So then the cruise down will be even better!