Det_Riot

Det_Riot's Sexual Teal Whale Cannon Resurrection

Interesting location for the fuse box never thought of that when I relocated mine. Looks like a lot of work getting done. Wish I could go to mustang week.

The thought of having to jack up y car, pull the inner fender and lay in my back to fuck with fuses didn't seem to be very appealing to me. So it went in the back seat lol thanks is definitely been a metric shit ton more work than I would of every imagined

The thought of having to jack up y car, pull the inner fender and lay in my back to fuck with fuses didn't seem to be very appealing to me. So it went in the back seat lol thanks is definitely been a metric shit ton more work than I would of every imagined

I could not agree more and with my history as a tech anytime there is an electrical problem I check all the fuses first which is why I made mine with easy access.  I don't think that I remember ever changing a fuse there but as soon as I hide the fuse box it would blow one...

Nothing better than fresh teal!

8u2yda3y.jpg

@Det_Riot any idea how they got the edges of the tape to match up with the lines of the edges of the lens?  Did they lay out the tape and then use a knife on the corners?  Just curious if you saw them do it or not!

No, today's theme: team z's fab work is hack

See below:

ymydape6.jpg

zujasaby.jpg

Basically. Because I wanted to run larger wheel bearings (timken set20). You gotta get the housing end on to accept the new bearing. (Strange H1138) well I had TeamZ do the Fab work. To keep the stock axle length, they decided to lazy it and weld the new housing end to the taper off the axle and leave ask that bullshit hanging out in the middle. Because of that, there was no way the locking sleeve for the wheel bearing was going to clear past it meaning my axles wouldn't go in fat enough.

Fast forward to yesterday, get my axle assembled by a guy I got hooked up with from a racing buddy and he tells me all of this. Well had to go buy anotherset if $60 wheel bearings, just encase they can't be pressed off and saved, so the locking sleeve can be turned down on the lathe by @1997cobra. Jesus Christ what a nightmare. If you want something done right, do it yourself.

im with dan on this one, obviously you couldn't sit around and wait for them to fix the problem and needed it done asap, but some emails/calls to them is in order i think

Got to hate it when you have everything planned out, and someone has to go and screw things up by not doing it right. And it ruins all your plans, they defiantly should be made to make that right.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Welp. Tune isn't happening tomorrow. Still fucking hung up on this god damn axle.

uqebygym.jpg

Milled down the collar but its still hitting. Fuck us and this hacksaw garbage.

gajeve8y.jpg

Fawk man. Did you get in touch with Team F about the situation? Hopefully you guys can right the situation enough to get you rolling to Myrtle.

Oh we righted the situation. Lost another half day if wrenching but its all assembled now.

I really want to hear Team Z's excuse as to why they let such shitty work go out the door. That is just plain half assed garbage.

"Its all straight, we put it in the jig its straight" and me being naive didn't think about the retainer collar interfering. At that point I just wanted my axle back. I gotta call them today and see what they'll do. It seems like the "proper" way to do it would be to put new axle tubes on it that are the proper OD and don't taper down

"Its all straight, we put it in the jig its straight" and me being naive didn't think about the retainer collar interfering. At that point I just wanted my axle back. I gotta call them today and see what they'll do. It seems like the "proper" way to do it would be to put new axle tubes on it that are the proper OD and don't taper down

:rolleyes:

time to call in sick the rest of the week ;)

Might need to do that tomorrow lol

Get er done. I wanna see this car. Will u be at the gratiot cruise

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

I don't even know when the gratiot cruise it lol

Might need to do that tomorrow lol

I don't even know when the gratiot cruise it lol

August something lol

Find this out soon as I will be home in August so if that happens when I am home I'll get my cousins Fox.  Bryan we need to figure out Dream cruise plan in the very near future.

August 3rd is the clinton twp gratiot cruise. I will be at the lowes parking lot on 15 mile and gratiot with my zephyr

damn i won't be up there till the 8th.   That is right around my old neighborhood.  Before I moved out of the state the last place I lived was at 16 and Harper.

damn i won't be up there till the 8th. That is right around my old neighborhood. Before I moved out of the state the last place I lived was at 16 and Harper.

I used to live at 15 and little mack

I used to live at 15 and little mack

damn right down the street.  My cousin use to live in the apartments on 15 and Harper right by the Dennys.  I use to ride my bike up and down Metro Parkway all the time.  

damn right down the street. My cousin use to live in the apartments on 15 and Harper right by the Dennys. I use to ride my bike up and down Metro Parkway all the time.

When ur in town again. Let me know