Det_Riot

Det_Riot's Sexual Teal Whale Cannon Resurrection

When ur in town again. Let me know

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

I'll be up from the 8th till the 17th.  

9th-10th I'll be in Richland for my nephews wedding

11th-12th I'll be in Saugatuck at my uncles summer house to break in the new pool.

13th-17th I'll be running the streets of the Metro Detroit area visiting friends and family.

At some point or two Bryan and I will be causing chaos.  I will be at the Dream Cruise Saturday so if you're there sounds like we'll need to have a few drinks.

Oh Friday night I have infield box seat on the first base line for the Tigers game.  :)

Those pass-throughs look great! Are they threaded? Can't tell from the pic

Yupp. @1997cobra helped me size the fittings, basically saved about $100 by using npt 37* hydraulic fittings instead of AN fittings because they are essentially the exact same thing.

Where never talking about.grounds again I love playing with my multimeter -_-

Added fun we had a troll neon owner tell us he was making 250 hp on 6 lb of boost -_-

Btw where are you I have presents

Hahaha that's awesome @Steve-Oh!

As many of you probably saw, via Facebook or instagram, the marathon prep for mustang week ended last night with the car not making it to mustang week :/ the amount if troll was unbelievable.

After getting smoked in the face by my driveshaft, realizing that I was sent 3 out if 4 wrong fittings to make the through frame passages, giving up on side exhaust and pulling off svo skirts to rock open headers, the whale cannon decided to chew up all the fresh wires I put on it. Apparently when tires and wires decide to occupy the same space, wires lose....every time......who knew.......

zaru8e2a.jpg

juqa6ave.jpg

upy9yvas.jpg

Gahhhh such a kick in the nuts after all the work you guys did.   :(   Welp looks like it's going to be MW2k15 or bust for all of us.  Enjoy yourself down there though, now you can just concentrate on beach and booze!

Dang man, that is a bummer. Sorry to hear that. Well at least now you can take your time with things and really get everything squared away.

Like Steve-O said, MW2k15 or bust!

That sucks man, how much work is the wiring going to take to fix? I'm sure you'll get the car 100% soon, but nothing blows more than having to throw in the towel. I guess at least you know for sure this year you won't be laying under the car on a trailer multiple times replacing clutch cables right? lol

That sucks man, how much work is the wiring going to take to fix? I'm sure you'll get the car 100% soon, but nothing blows more than having to throw in the towel. I guess at least you know for sure this year you won't be laying under the car on a trailer multiple times replacing clutch cables right? lol

Too soon... haha

Sorry to hear about your luck @Det_Riot! Go and enjoy yourself at least!

one thing i will say is that when you don't have a car at a show, it's SOOOO much more relaxing.  show up when you want, leave when you want, don't have to clean the car for hours.....

one thing i will say is that when you don't have a car at a show, it's SOOOO much more relaxing. show up when you want, leave when you want, don't have to clean the car for hours.....

No worries I don't clean the car for hours anyways :-)

Detriot i know it sucks not to make ur deadline and miss a show but in the end its just a show. Being able to take ur time and not being under the gun makes building that much more enjoyable. As for the above pictured pins just dont mount them to a piece of plastic like that and expect them to hold up lol

That's the problem I always see in that hidden hood pin setup... normal hood pins are anchored to steel and go through the hood. Those are mounted to the hood and go through plastic...

That's the problem I always see in that hidden hood pin setup... normal hood pins are anchored to steel and go through the hood. Those are mounted to the hood and go through plastic...

lol except if your rockin a stainless rad cover then you have a bit more reinforcement lol but seriously don't even consider that clusterfuck of a mounting job or you may find yourself 2 hoods deep hahaha

Well now that mustang week is done and gone I can turn my attention back to my car. Its been pitifully sitting in mg backyard under the cover.

Today I'll probably pull off the fenders and evaluate how much wiring I actually fucked up :-/ best case scenario is that I didn't split any wires, only wore through insulation. That way all I really have to do is reroute then up along the upper frame rail until I know they clear the tire and secure them.

Worst case scenario is that I split a bunch of wires and I have to play reconstruction of them all and hope they all match up right

Ah - now that I'm all caught up on the build - i see why the car didn't make the trek. Damn dude that is harsh. 

Good to meet you though - looking fwd to meeting the whale cannon next year!

I'm still confused as to how this happened. I'm sure you'll post up pics soon!

Haha you'll see soon enough

Ah - now that I'm all caught up on the build - i see why the car didn't make the trek. Damn dude that is harsh.

Good to meet you though - looking fwd to meeting the whale cannon next year!

Ahha yupp lol for sure dude! It'll be there! Nice meeting you as well!!

Who's ready for some carnage pictures?! 

Me! Me! Me!

Car looks kinda badass without a front clip on it.....wonder how you could leave it bare and make it like a rat rod.......

14729494555_aeac267b20_b.jpg

Anywho here's why I shorted out my headlights and everything else!

14729493995_ebd81518f9_b.jpg

14729493445_93fd8a4291_b.jpg

14542847888_ef3db655b9_b.jpg

Definitely need to re route the wires better. Going to try and make clips to run them along where the old egr modules were on the passenger side upper frame rail.

Also need to find another spot for the TFI module and heat sink...this was preventing me from going full lock to the left

14729492705_50109b4dd7_b.jpg

No pictures of the drivers side today, wasn't that motivated but I did take a sneak peak...there are definitely wires that wore all the way through on the driver side. Though there weren't as many wires to begin with so it may not be as bad to take care of. Dream Cruise/Mustang Alley/Mustang Memories are on August 16th/17th. I guess for now that's my goal. Though I'm almost to the point where I want to take it down completely and just start going all out.

Oh and @Drake, the spot behind that bracket is rusty for the record on my car too. Though I think I caught it early enough to just sand the rust off and paint over it.