95riosnake

The Chronicles of 95riosnake's OCD Machine

Behold! The long fabled shockwaves, spoken of by our forefathers... how lucky we are to live in an age blessed by their long awaited appearance! They shall speak of this day henceforth with jubilation and reverence!

oh damn!!! those look incredible! these will be available off the shelf or made per order type of thing? 

Tom told me they were doing a first run of 20 sets of SN95 struts I believe. Not sure how many are spoken for yet, but if you're thinking about getting them you may want to get your name in.

Uh oh....

2a86366fa5b609637adc74ca1c448f4e.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

oh damn!!! those look incredible! these will be available off the shelf or made per order type of thing? 

Tom told me they were doing a first run of 20 sets of SN95 struts I believe. Not sure how many are spoken for yet, but if you're thinking about getting them you may want to get your name in.

What Dan said^^.  I've got enough to build about 20 at the moment, if you want some without having to wait....Give me a call lol.

Behold! The long fabled shockwaves, spoken of by our forefathers... how lucky we are to live in an age blessed by their long awaited appearance! They shall speak of this day henceforth with jubilation and reverence!

I may have died on this one...

ok thanks fellas. just wondered if this was going to be with a kit one could buy whenever he wanted to. 

I'm guessing they will be at some point, but I meant more so like if you're wanting to do it soon. I'm sure they'll be making more and stocking them as a level 2 kit for the SN platform.

they have it on their website already with the choice of the adjustable internal valves so you can tune the ride as well as the height.  But I have to ask is this going to be a regular thing on their site I am a little confused by the 20 sets.  I understand its not for everyone and they are probably not likely to sell thousands of these but if I get them are they serviceable or even replaceable if one goes out?

they have it on their website already with the choice of the adjustable internal valves so you can tune the ride as well as the height.  But I have to ask is this going to be a regular thing on their site I am a little confused by the 20 sets.  I understand its not for everyone and they are probably not likely to sell thousands of these but if I get them are they serviceable or even replaceable if one goes out?

The ride height is adjustable through the air pressure, the valving (rebound) is adjustable through the knob.  

Keep in mind, these are the same struts/plates that are used in our coilovers, so they won't be hard to run through.  I've already got 3 sets of coilovers and 3 air kits built and leaving, I don't think we'll have problems selling them  :D.  

Also, there is a 1,000,001 mile warranty on the shocks/struts.  They are serviceable or replaceable, but I can say publicly and go to bed with a clear conscience, that the only shocks that I've had to rebuild/replace are ones that have been severely neglected, the guy just wanted a different valve code (for racing), or the car was in a wreck.  I'll stand behind them 100%. 

I'm guessing they will be at some point, but I meant more so like if you're wanting to do it soon. I'm sure they'll be making more and stocking them as a level 2 kit for the SN platform.

yea that's what i'm hoping for. 

ok sounds good.  I have your shocks on it already and as impressed with the quality.  But it just occurred to me, dang - I have to pay sales tax on it now!

Did I read somewhere that the struts had a CC plate with them?

ok sounds good.  I have your shocks on it already and as impressed with the quality.  But it just occurred to me, dang - I have to pay sales tax on it now!

Did I read somewhere that the struts had a CC plate with them?

The caster is adjusted with the plate on the tower, the camber is adjusted through the upper bolt in the strut mount.  You can see how it's slotted, the eccentric bolt gives off a huge amount of adjustment.

DSC04848_zpshs9psdbh.jpg

PS, yes the car is purple (technically, sapphire blue)...it's my dad's, I don't give him too much lip, it's 532rwhp...

Mine are spoken for!!!!!!!!!! Yaaayyyyyyy excited... to look at them and not install them like everything else sitting in my house.... :mellow:

wow, never thought id see the day when the shockwaves would be out on the market.  @95riosnake hopefully you can spare a little but of $$ to get the suspension up to par, how you want it for now.  We've all been waiting just as long as you to see that thing on the ground ;) haha

wow, never thought id see the day when the shockwaves would be out on the market.  @95riosnake hopefully you can spare a little but of $$ to get the suspension up to par, how you want it for now.  We've all been waiting just as long as you to see that thing on the ground ;) haha

Oh I know, it seemed so far off for so long lol. Combined with the fact that I'm used to seeing it up on jackstands and also bagging it, it's gonna blow my mind the first time it airs out lol.

Oh I know, it seemed so far off for so long lol. Combined with the fact that I'm used to seeing it up on jackstands and also bagging it, it's gonna blow my mind the first time it airs out lol.

i think i'll need new shorts the first time i see it  :o

^TMI???? 

I have already talked to josh about going and picking up a set and checking the place out.  Felt like hell today or I might have taken him up on that this afternoon....  I hope to have them I my hands by the end of the week.

i think maybe i want a set now hmmmm?

Go for it  :D

I have already talked to josh about going and picking up a set and checking the place out.  Felt like hell today or I might have taken him up on that this afternoon....  I hope to have them I my hands by the end of the week.

You're welcome anytime!  I'm here from 8-6 every week day.  You could always come today....  ;)

i think i'll need new shorts the first time i see it  :o

^TMI???? 

Nope. I'm going to need a new desk. It's going to hit hard....

^lmao!! 

dan'll be fuckin up shorts and desks all across the internet! 

This is flattering guys, it really is....but I'm going to feel real funny being the reason that guys across the US are ruining shorts and breaking desks....  :huh:

This is flattering guys, it really is....but I'm going to feel real funny being the reason that guys across the US are ruining shorts and breaking desks....  :huh:

Check your pm's broseph... need a part number for rear shocks to order along with the shockwaves when the time comes.

Dan, if you get these soon do you think you'll install them before all the house stuff/move really gets going or just wait?

I'd like to at least. I don't think we'll put the house on the market for another few weeks because we have some things to do first like some flooring to replace carpet that Stanley Steemer's incompetent services ruined, and some various painting/staining. I'm not in a hurry to get the house on the market really. As you could probably guess, I rarely get in a hurry with things. When you're in a hurry, you do a shitty job and make shitty decisions. Neither of which I want to be doing regarding getting a new house! lol

Haha, good deal. I agree with rushing things. Something like that, where there's no real deadline, if you start to lose patience and get in a hurry, that's when it's time to take a break.

Haha @tony I think that street is where every 94-95 mustang owner needs to live lol.

hope you guys will have a guest room cause i need to come stay there for a while lol

to get more patience...not cause i need a place to live....nvmn faak it  :huh:

Not a ton to update, I've been working on the house a bit while I wait for the new quarter panel (any updates on that @Psychorugby?). But I have been getting other things squared away on the car in the meantime.

One issue was that the cigarette lighter hole in the new shifter bezel was bigger than my stock one, and I didn't feel like paying someone on eBay for a later model one.

ytmTqP.jpg

Laser cutting time.

ik1I8y.jpg

Cut out some polystyrene rings to make an adapter collar.

94vslE.jpg

Glued the front two together and added a little bevel to the one that will be seen

VX0vNW.jpg

g0WXsv.jpg

h3fvUs.jpg

A little satin black and it's good to go. I think I'm just going to get a cap that pushes in, definitely never going to smoke so getting a lighter for it is pointless.

QtkAM9.jpg

While we're on the topic of carbon, here's something I haven't seen anyone do yet. This should really step things up in the trunk. I always thought the trunk striker trim was ugly, so I fixed that. The top grooves have been filled in, and I had the same guy wrap it that did my E3 pod. In case anyone is wondering, you can find him on FB and IG as Carbon Fiber Element.

ya1q21.jpg

Jfj0y1.jpg

I also started on the Team Z K member install. I guess it isn't a true install, as it's only going in for mock up so I can weld on the tabs for the Stifflers lower chassis brace, then the K member will be getting powder coated red to match my IRS. I have the stock K ready to drop out but ran out of time last weekend so I left the bolts in until I can hit it again this weekend. Once the K member is ready for powder I will have a BUNCH of parts to drop off to my powder coater. Once I get all that stuff back I can really start building some steam on this car finally.

Side note, question for you guys with tubular K's... where do you put the jack when you jack up the front of the car? I used to always put the jack saddle under the middle of the K member, but obviously I'll be losing that option now. I thought about maybe welding on a bracket that I could put the jack on, not sure what I'm gonna do there. I definitely don't want to have to jack up the front of the car behind the front wheels and alternate side to side...

I did end up deciding to pull the upper intake and bolt on a motor lift plate to hang the engine from my engine support bar. So here's a couple pics of that just for the hell of it because this update doesn't have many pics, lol.

OzDVj7.jpg

Jn2yzX.jpg

• Moderators

No updates from me yet, sorry.  School and resigning at work have really put a damper on things.  That being said, I have next Thursday and Friday off.  I need to take Valentine in to get some work done Thursday, and will probably head out to get your quarter panel Friday.

No updates from me yet, sorry.  School and resigning at work have really put a damper on things.  That being said, I have next Thursday and Friday off.  I need to take Valentine in to get some work done Thursday, and will probably head out to get your quarter panel Friday.

It's all good Chris, just wanted to make sure you don't forget about it before you change jobs and lose your hookup! lol

• Moderators

It's all good Chris, just wanted to make sure you don't forget about it before you change jobs and lose your hookup! lol

Technically next Friday I won't have a hookup, but I am sure I can work something out!

Grrr too much sex is always going on in this thread. So many awesome carbon fiber pieces! I LOVE it!

As for the jacking point with a tubular k, I always just put a rag on top of my jack and jack up in the middle of the tube where I did with the stock k-member. It hasn't slipped off and crunched my oil pan... yet :D

Grrr too much sex is always going on in this thread. So many awesome carbon fiber pieces! I LOVE it!

As for the jacking point with a tubular k, I always just put a rag on top of my jack and jack up in the middle of the tube where I did with the stock k-member. It hasn't slipped off and crunched my oil pan... yet :D

I usually use a 2x4. But yeah. I'll probably make w nice jack pad for it one day that will cradle the front bar and distribute the load across the main bar.