95riosnake

The Chronicles of 95riosnake's OCD Machine

I also have a traction control button coming, thinking I might remove the TRAC OFF markings and rewire it to use for something else. Not sure what yet though.

Undercarriage neons.  You know that's what this car needs to take it to the next level.

where do you have the exhaust cut out switch mounted? 

It's in the coin holder location on the console, it's not something I could use the trac button for though. It's a three position momentary switch that you have to hold down to open/close the cutouts. The trac button is just push on/push off.

It's in the coin holder location on the console, it's not something I could use the trac button for though. It's a three position momentary switch that you have to hold down to open/close the cutouts. The trac button is just push on/push off.

i thought that was a momentary switch but had the thought and figured i'd throw it out there.

Possibly so, but I like the switch I'm using for the cutouts currently. I may wire up a manual fan switch or something to the trac button.

Wire the traction switch up to your neon underglows! :D

A little late to the game but good write up on how to do the single din to double din conversion for the radio bezel upgrade ;)

http://www.mustangandfords.com/how-to/interior-electrical/mump-1304-1994-2004-ford-mustang-interior-upgrades/

Made a tiny bit of progress this weekend, but nowhere near as much as I hoped. I'm getting really annoyed with my lack of progress lately.

On the plus side, I finished converting the fog light switch to the 01+ style and added the instuctions to the DIY thread.

b6ma0j.jpg

I think I'm going to get a coin holder delete to replace the previous fog switch in the console and put the USB input for the head unit there. Should allow easy iPod/iPhone connection :2thumb:

Just to update...haven't even gotten to touch the car in weeks. My wife and I found a house we want pretty badly, so I've been working like a dog pretty much 7 days a week getting our house ready to put on the market so we can make an offer on the house we want. I've been installing flooring and oak hardwood steps to replace badly ruined carpet courtesy of Stanley Steemer. We used to have some stains on the carpeted entry steps and hallway to the kitchen, and had them come steam clean the stains. Well the stains were replaced with tan carpet that was bleached gray and they pretty much told us oh well, not our problem. So about $1200 worth of materials and about 60 hours of work so far on this project, I'm almost done. A lot of extra time has been wasted fixing and compensating for the sloppy work by the drunk contractors that must have built this house (square? plumb? Level? nope.). All that is left is to lay down 3-4 coats of high traffic poly on the steps and install them, put the trim back on and get a sign in the yard.

Here's a couple pics of the OCD Machine as it's looked recently :( (once the house is for sale I have to get this thing back on the ground temporarily to get it on a trailer when we move)

lKOQwm.jpg

WtGnsF.jpg

Here's what I started with after ripping up the carpet

ecoTVz.jpg

QC2OU5.jpg

sIkQuq.jpg

Turns out they carpeted over actual step treads :huh: , but they were just junk pine so they weren't anything worth refinishing so I had to cut the bull nose off all 12 steps, then fill and sand the stringers afterward to fit the new oak treads.

BMcx5i.jpg

EGsmoh.jpg

qkyNnV.jpg

Lots of meticulous trim work complete in the hallway and on the landing.

R3LJPM.jpg

6SUirs.jpg

8fHsho.jpg

RXDnRu.jpg

B4F6q2.jpg

Step treads and risers are stained to match the engineered hardwood flooring I used in the hallway and on the landing by the front door, hoping the poly I ordered shows up ASAP so I can wrap this up and move on.

csa03O.jpg

Hs2G0z.jpg

• Moderators

Dude thats awesome, good to know im not the only one that has things pulling me away from the car. It's been plumbing issues, dinning room remodels, throw a 2 year old in the mixed and im all but spent.

LOL... wait for when @95riosnake gets his new house.  Then Dan will have a house/garage build thread like mine and no car work will ever get done... actually it probably will because I am a terrible person and he is not.

Your trim work looks great.  For me, it is one of the things that very easily makes or breaks a house.  

Good luck with the sale!  Hope it goes quickly for you and you're able to get into the house you and your wife have your eyes on.  I know too well the roller-coaster of emotions that happens when you have your heart set on a place and someone else buys it.  All I can tell you is don't get discouraged, it'll work out in the end.  My wife and I wound up buying a much better place than what we originally had our heart set on when we listed our home.  We're moving in 2.5 weeks.  Our dining room is full to the ceiling of boxes right now.  Packing suuuuuuuuuuuuuuccks......

Dude thats awesome, good to know im not the only one that has things pulling me away from the car. It's been plumbing issues, dinning room remodels, throw a 2 year old in the mixed and im all but spent.

Yeah it's been tough, but I keep focusing on the goal of getting in a better living situation where we have storage space, a detached garage for me to do car shit in, and a bit more breathing room for a 100lb dog that has long outgrown a townhouse lol.

LOL... wait for when @95riosnake gets his new house.  Then Dan will have a house/garage build thread like mine and no car work will ever get done... actually it probably will because I am a terrible person and he is not.

Yea I'm sure it won't help the car get done for sure, but it is what it is. I love cars and certainly want to get mine back on the road, but it honestly comes in last to every other priority I have in my life. It'll get done eventually, I just hope it will be sooner rather than later lol.

Your trim work looks great.  For me, it is one of the things that very easily makes or breaks a house.  

Good luck with the sale!  Hope it goes quickly for you and you're able to get into the house you and your wife have your eyes on.  I know too well the roller-coaster of emotions that happens when you have your heart set on a place and someone else buys it.  All I can tell you is don't get discouraged, it'll work out in the end.  My wife and I wound up buying a much better place than what we originally had our heart set on when we listed our home.  We're moving in 2.5 weeks.  Our dining room is full to the ceiling of boxes right now.  Packing suuuuuuuuuuuuuuccks......

Thanks! I was going to try and reuse the existing trim but it fit so badly and was done so shitty that I just bought new trim of the same style and re-did all of it, then added 3/4" quarter round at the bottom (I think the larger quarter round makes it look a little nicer compared to traditional 1/2" quarter round IMO). Not necessary I suppose but even though I'm just fixing this so potential buyers have a good first impression and they might not even notice it, I have an inability to do "good enough" work lol.

I know what you mean, we will be severely bummed if we can't get the one we're looking at. Pittsburgh is a rough market because lot sizes are small due to overcrowding, and with that comes high prices for small houses with even smaller garages. Half of the houses we see need a complete remodel which I'm simply not willing to sacrifice all my free time for the next few years to do. The one we found needs nothing other than some wall paper removed, which is not fun but by far preferable to a complete remodel and sinking $30-40k+ into other houses that are listed only about $10k less. Crossing my fingers that by the time we get ours listed the house we want is still available. It's a bit of a sacrifice on my dream of a 3 car garage (2 car detached, and we will be pouring a slab under the rear deck for a car port) but every house I've seen with a 3 car is a dump. I want a nice garage but I'm not willing to live in a house I hate to get it.

• Moderators

Yea I'm sure it won't help the car get done for sure, but it is what it is. I love cars and certainly want to get mine back on the road, but it honestly comes in last to every other priority I have in my life. It'll get done eventually, I just hope it will be sooner rather than later lol.

This is why mine sits around collecting dust.  Everything else in life is just more important.  And you've seen my summer to do list around the house.

seeing the stuff you do makes me wish i needed to refinish floors, refinish tools, refinish cars and anything else you make look so good lol. you need some sort of cable show or a huge part of the internet idk but always impressive work no matter what you fuck around with!! 

With how great your car looks, I can only imagine that house will look immaculate in no tim.... sometime. :lol:

Seriously though, how do you people have so much energy. Tonight I managed to half-handle some benefits stuff on the computer for my job then I ate cake and a Reeses Klondike bar. Now I'm going to sleep. Can't wait to see what you accomplish when I wake up tomorrow! haha

Good luck on the house purchase!

Well I guess this counts as an update, since it means I got the car one step closer to working it, haha. Since it hasn't been mentioned in this thread, the short version of the story is we are selling our house and buying another. Thanks to the seller of the new house being an asshole, we have a 2 week gap between the houses during which we have to stay about an hour away with my wife's parents. Thankfully a buddy of mine has space to spare and I was able to store the car there for the next month during all this.

Of course, there's the issue that my car doesn't run, doesn't yet have functioning brakes, has a solid mounted rear suspension and has no parking brake currently, lol. I found a guy on craigslist who has a good bit of experience hauling hot rods and project cars, specifically ones that aren't running. First step was adjusting the front coilovers up as far as they would go, making me cringe at the 4x4 status but it was a necessary evil to get the car on a flatbed.

Awaiting the flatbed:

3n1Eha.jpg

As you can see I've been dismantling the garage. It's a shame I never got to finish the drywall and paint but oh well, not my problem anymore lol.

mitx6u.jpg

In proper fashion, the flat bed was a vintage ford. Had a 460 BBF and sounded like a monster truck, so who cares if it had a little rust here and there.

D8h8Tk.jpg

Pi6lJJ.jpg

my448W.jpg

nGyukM.jpg

Took about 3 hours to get it on the truck, over to my friend's house 18 miles away, and off loaded at his garage. But all in all it went smoothly with absolutely no damage to the car. It's now tucked away in good company next to his 700+rwhp 2.9 Whipple Aluminator Terminator :2thumb:

Yay progress! :huh::blink:

Sorry to hear about the owner of the new house being such a D!(<.  Can't wait to see it parked in the new garage and work re-starting on it.

My dad's roll back also has a 460 BB in it.  But it has a newer '85 F-150 body instead of the cool 70's body. 

Sorry to hear about the problems with the house. Like you said though, one step closer. When is this two week period? Or rather, when will you get to move into your freakin house?

Oh and that flatbed is awesome.