95riosnake

The Chronicles of 95riosnake's OCD Machine

Haha how did I know you'd chime in @Prokiller lol

I'm still bouncing in between bead blasted and brushed, but you make a good point about the finishes. Definitely not polishing them though, too much work and I don't want to have to upkeep the finish.

I'm working on getting the brackets welded together, and have realized another step I have to farm out. When I weld the tabs on, it will soften the aluminum in a pretty critical area so I'll have to get the brackets heat treated afterward. Lucky for me, I live in this wonderful industrial city of Pittsburgh and there's a heat treating company about 5 miles from my house... score lol. Now to see if they'll bother with a small order like mine.

Wow nice progress Dan! I love the custom ocd fab works plate. Wish I could make all that cool stuff for mine!!

Wow nice progress Dan! I love the custom ocd fab works plate. Wish I could make all that cool stuff for mine!!

you need to get them up to about 900 or so deg then quench then 400 deg for 7.5 hours

A bit more than my oven can do, lol. That's why I'll have to farm it out, ugh.

Thanks Billy!

Taken me a few days to have enough time to catch up with a month of details!!! Lol

Dude, this is all starting to really look awesome, not that it didn't before.

Not to possibly hit a sore subject but did u ever get ur shockwaves for the front?!?

This message courtesy of crapatalk!

Thanks man I appreciate it! And no, not yet.

@torched03mach (taps foot...)

Just spent two days at work reading this whole build. This is the kind of detail seen in ultra high dollar builds. I love it! You are the late model equivalent of the Ring Bros.

Just wondering. Do you have enough length to cross the hoses from the compressors? Just a thought.

P.S. Great to find a site dedicated solely to our cars.

Just spent two days at work reading this whole build. This is the kind of detail seen in ultra high dollar builds. I love it! You are the late model equivalent of the Ring Bros.

Just wondering. Do you have enough length to cross the hoses from the compressors? Just a thought.

Welcome and yes Dan's car is one of a kind builds we don't see often, but then you look at some of the other builds on here and realize this place is all about thinking outside of the box when it comes to each build.

That's a huge compliment! They are one of my inspirations that I'm always trying to aim for in quality/design, among Roadster Shop, Rad Rides and Miranda Built and many others... just working with a real world budget and waaaay less free time lol.

I really wanted to cross the compressor hoses but because of the length of all the adapters it took on the end of them, they sort of run into each other. Where they cross is braided hose, but it's very close to the fittings so there isn't much give. I could force them on probably but I was worried if that would end up causing some kind of damage or fatigue on the fittings. Really glad you like the site, we're doing our best to carve out a nice corner of the internet for 94-04 owners :2thumb:

Welcome and yes Dan's car is one of a kind builds we don't see often, but then you look at some of the other builds on here and realize this place is all about thinking outside of the box when it comes to each build.

Truth.

Thx. Yeah a few months ago I spent awhile on @Det_Riot's build pages, pretty amazing. Just wish I had the time, equipment and skills to do that stuff. I have the ideas just no way to make them come true.

Time can be found gradually (I work on the car a few hours a week usually, which honestly isn't that much but adds up over time and I'm patient lol), equipment can be bought used and acquired over time, and skills can be learned! Don't count yourself out, the ideas are what a lot of people have a hard time with. You can't buy or learn creativity. You just need to slowly get yourself set up in such a way that you can start making those ideas happen. :)

Ive gotta dig up some more pics of my car, the engine is basically stock, been showing it a little so mostly appearance stuff. Was thinking of doing a box in the spare tire well but basically just building one to fit in there then putting some sort of carpeted false floor over it with maybe some led lighting, havent totally figured that part out yet. I Really like yours but want to mount my amp next to the sub. Your build has given me ALOT more ideas.

Didn't realize your fittings stuck out that far. I love the logo, also wondering what the air ride tank would look like red, kinda add a little more color or carbon fiber.

Im in Tennessee, wish you guys lived closer, would be cool to hang out. Looks like members are scattered everywhere. If you ever make it to the NMRA Finals in Bowling Green, give me a shout, try to go every year, unfortunately sometimes it is without my car. Sorry not trying to highjack the post, this is the most ive talked on any site. Very cool site.

Ive gotta dig up some more pics of my car, the engine is basically stock, been showing it a little so mostly appearance stuff. Was thinking of doing a box in the spare tire well but basically just building one to fit in there then putting some sort of carpeted false floor over it with maybe some led lighting, havent totally figured that part out yet. I Really like yours but want to mount my amp next to the sub. Your build has given me ALOT more ideas.

Didn't realize your fittings stuck out that far. I love the logo, also wondering what the air ride tank would look like red, kinda add a little more color or carbon fiber.

Im in Tennessee, wish you guys lived closer, would be cool to hang out. Looks like members are scattered everywhere. If you ever make it to the NMRA Finals in Bowling Green, give me a shout, try to go every year, unfortunately sometimes it is without my car. Sorry not trying to highjack the post, this is the most ive talked on any site. Very cool site.

Definitely post up a pic thread of your car when you find some pics, looks pretty nice from your avatar :2thumb:

Glad to hear I've given you some ideas, I really am hoping that with all the awesome builds we have here that people will stop shrugging off the 94-04 cars. Don't get me wrong I love the new cars but as crazy as it sounds, if someone offered me a straight up trade for a 0 mile 2014 GT500 I wouldn't take it. I just love this body style so much and couldn't imagine quitting it.

Yea the crew here is all over the US, even a couple guys from across the pond. I've been to Bowling Green a couple times over the years, toured the vette plant/museum and all. If I'm ever planning on hitting up NMRA Bowling Green I'll definitely let you know! And no worries, as slow as I work there ends up being a little BS'ing in this thread between update posts lol.

Thx. Yeah a few months ago I spent awhile on @Det_Riot's build pages, pretty amazing. Just wish I had the time, equipment and skills to do that stuff. I have the ideas just no way to make them come true.

Greatly appreciated man! I just make due with what I have. Definitely wouldn't be ambitious as I am without @1997cobra and the confidence he instills "it's just metal"

Thx. Ive owned this car since it was new. Has taken awhile to get to this point. It definitely made a big jump when i started showing it. It's getting harder and harder to find nice examples of these cars. Our cars dont get the respect of the old ones, the new ones, or the Fox bodies. I love the new ones, and would love to have one, but it's harder to set yourself apart with them. Which is surprising since the market for them is so great. We cant hardly find anything for ours. I buy used when i can for most stuff. Again guys, great cars and keep adding to the builds.

Just been waiting on some things. Kind of at a standstill on a few things until I get the new quarter panel from Chris, and he's had a lot on his plate recently. My wife and I have decided it's time to sell our house, so I'm gonna have to at least get the car rolling so it could be trailered when the time comes. The Ridetech stuff doesn't seem to be hitting the shelves anytime soon, so I'll probably have to either put the coilovers back in or get the rear bags in place and just fill them manually when the time comes and the car has to be moved. I also have a few things I need to get done to the house so it's ready to put on the market, so that's gonna eat into mustang time a bit. :(

Just been waiting on some things. Kind of at a standstill on a few things until I get the new quarter panel from Chris, and he's had a lot on his plate recently. My wife and I have decided it's time to sell our house, so I'm gonna have to at least get the car rolling so it could be trailered when the time comes. The Ridetech stuff doesn't seem to be hitting the shelves anytime soon, so I'll probably have to either put the coilovers back in or get the rear bags in place and just fill them manually when the time comes and the car has to be moved. I also have a few things I need to get done to the house so it's ready to put on the market, so that's gonna eat into mustang time a bit. :(

Do you have a new house picked out already?!?

Not yet @WildWillyWalker, but we need to get ours on the market first before we'd be able to put an offer on one we find. The reality hit us hard when we missed a chance at an awesome secluded mid century with 2 acres (unheard of in Pittsburgh), long concrete driveway, huge 3 car garage (with 220v, dust collection system, etc.) massive deck, 4 br 3 bath that would have been in our price range. Our house needs a couple things done before we can list it so that's gonna take priority. Excited about getting a nice garage finally!

• Moderators

Excited about getting a nice garage finally!

Until you realize what a pain in the ass it is to get things the way you want them.  It's bittersweet to have a new space, but takes so long and a ton of money to get the garage (and house lol) the way they already were at the old house.

Until you realize what a pain in the ass it is to get things the way you want them.  It's bittersweet to have a new space, but takes so long and a ton of money to get the garage (and house lol) the way they already were at the old house.

Oh I know, but I always welcome a challenge. Luckily I've kept everything removable in my current garage. It's proving hard to find a place with more than a 2 car around here without getting into big money, but I'll find something. If I could get a house cheap enough and it had a 2 car, I'd build a detached huge 1 car using a double door and go with 12' ceilings. I honestly think I would almost prefer that, because my dad and I could build it exactly how I want it.

YAYAYYAYAYA DAN GETS A GARAGE!!!!!! oh and a house too!!!!

fixed ;)

That would be really cool and a good time with your Dad. I'd be really excited to watch the OCD Fabworks HQ build. As I've mentioned before, I enjoy seeing your work space about as much as the OCD Machine. Good luck with the whole process.

Oh I know, but I always welcome a challenge. Luckily I've kept everything removable in my current garage. It's proving hard to find a place with more than a 2 car around here without getting into big money, but I'll find something. If I could get a house cheap enough and it had a 2 car, I'd build a detached huge 1 car using a double door and go with 12' ceilings. I honestly think I would almost prefer that, because my dad and I could build it exactly how I want it.

fixed ;)

If your gonna be building one I'd go with at least 14' ceilings if a lift was in the plans.

• Moderators

So jealous.  I wanted to do that so badly, but at the pace I get projects done I would still be working on laying rebar for the concrete slab... three years later.

That would be really cool and a good time with your Dad. I'd be really excited to watch the OCD Fabworks HQ build. As I've mentioned before, I enjoy seeing your work space about as much as the OCD Machine. Good luck with the whole process.

I think it would be a really fun project with my dad, and he is just as inclined toward OCD and building things overkill as I am, so it would be quite a nice shop when it was done. We'll see what pans out, it would certainly be easier to find a 3+ car, but the luxury of building my own would let me really tailor the space to my needs.

If your gonna be building one I'd go with at least 14' ceilings if a lift was in the plans.

Yea I'd do 12' if not adding a lift, or 14+ if that's a realistic future possibility. I honestly wouldn't use one much, but it would sure be nice.

So jealous.  I wanted to do that so badly, but at the pace I get projects done I would still be working on laying rebar for the concrete slab... three years later.

Once I get my dad involved, a project moves much quicker. The man is a machine, he'll work 16 hours straight on something without a sweat. He can be a little bit of a slave driver, but in a good way so I think he and I could make it happen. I'd have to sub out a couple things but I think I could build the whole thing pretty affordably.

If you build a shop.  Go with enough room for double your anticipated projects, 16ft ceilings for hoist and loft space to hold all the spare parts and crap you will accumulate. 

Yea I would love a shop with a high ceiling in most of the work area, then maybe half the area has a loft, then underneath that would be an office and a low ceiling open area for a mill, lathe, etc.

Yea I would love a shop with a high ceiling in most of the work area, then maybe half the area has a loft, then underneath that would be an office and a low ceiling open area for a mill, lathe, etc.

Only way to fly and if your building from scratch its not that much more.  Especially if you do a lot of the labor ;)

Is anyone else perplexed at the fact that you still don't have your fronts from ride tech?!?!! It can't be that hard!! The suspension is almost identical to the fox and they have those done!!!!!!!' :-(

This message courtesy of crapatalk!

Yeah, I have been wondering as well. I came across this a few weeks ago and was thinking maybe they'd arrive soon.

http://www.lateral-g.net/forums/showthread.php4?t=49440

wow that is cool do you have yours yet dan ?

Been waiting literally years for them, Josh hasn't said anything to me yet. Tom @69clark told me they were set to release soon, but I'm still in the dark. Been expecting to hear something soon but nothing yet. I really wish they had released a long time ago because it's a big purchase and couldn't come at a worse time now that we have decided to look at houses and the car will be moving a bit toward the back burner.

Been waiting literally years for them, Josh hasn't said anything to me yet. Tom @69clark told me they were set to release soon, but I'm still in the dark. Been expecting to hear something soon but nothing yet. I really wish they had released a long time ago because it's a big purchase and couldn't come at a worse time now that we have decided to look at houses and the car will be moving a bit toward the back burner.

I texted Josh a few minutes ago, he said, guess what just came in the door. I think its close Dan!

I texted Josh a few minutes ago, he said, guess what just came in the door. I think its close Dan!

@Evilcw311 ^ that looks like some light at the end of the tunnel :2thumb:

Thanks for the info Tom, I guess after a couple years I got tired of asking lol.

There's a lot of light at the end of the tunnel, we're damn near in the light.  I've just got to get my guys boxing them up now, these plates are sexy.... @95riosnake @69clark

P.S., I've been pushing these Mustang pieces extremely hard, we made a TON of changes in these kits.  We got them what we thought was "finished" and then found a couple of things we wanted to make better....so back to the drawing board.  With the changes that we made, I'm actually alright with the time that we waited to release the kit.  I'd rather sell a kit that I know that hit all of the major bullet points that we were looking for.  I know for a fact that you all will be happy with the kits, I'm extremely picky myself.  It tore me up when they asked to tear the Mach 1 apart when it had 8k miles on it but I can say that I'm perfectly fine with the outcome of the car.  I'm just excited to see more people with these on their cars!

There's a lot of light at the end of the tunnel, we're damn near in the light.  I've just got to get my guys boxing them up now, these plates are sexy.... @95riosnake @69clark

P.S., I've been pushing these Mustang pieces extremely hard, we made a TON of changes in these kits.  We got them what we thought was "finished" and then found a couple of things we wanted to make better....so back to the drawing board.  With the changes that we made, I'm actually alright with the time that we waited to release the kit.  I'd rather sell a kit that I know that hit all of the major bullet points that we were looking for.  I know for a fact that you all will be happy with the kits, I'm extremely picky myself.  It tore me up when they asked to tear the Mach 1 apart when it had 8k miles on it but I can say that I'm perfectly fine with the outcome of the car.  I'm just excited to see more people with these on their cars!

That's good news Josh! I know you guys needed to make a couple changes vs. the fox versions, glad to hear they're almost ready :2thumb: